Sponsored

Place your bets, when will 2022 be announced?

masch57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport S
But, about a week before only seeing the 4Xe when I clicked "Wrangler", the results I would get was 4Xe and 392. One extreme to the other, so I don't think it's a California issue.

In any event, at least I'm not the only one seeing this. :)
That "Build Your Wrangler" link has been messed up for a while now. When you are at the selection screen that shows the 4xe's, just click on "Change vehicle" in the upper left and then scroll down and hit the Wrangler "Build" link. You should get all the normal gas trims then.
Sponsored

cmdonnell

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini SE, Jeep Wrangler
Yeah I talked to the dealer today. Their system didn’t show it as orderable.

snooze ya loose I guess
The online configurator doesn't really have any relation to what's available. When we placed our order on 9/1 the configurator showed about 4 or 5 colors that weren't actually available. We wanted Chief blue. Looking at the actual order books it guides like it was only available in Sept and Oct 20 and only just got removed from the configurator about a week ago. It'd be understandable if it was something where they just stopped selling it for supply issues or whatever, but for it to be listed for 11 months after it was available is just dumb. I wonder if they leave the colors up so that it looks exciting since they know most people are just ordering black or gray anyway?

There are a few other inconsistencies with options that I managed to uncover too. The ordering guides are pretty close to what the dealer can actually order, although we did find one particular engine/transmission/entertainment combo that the dealer was able to order despite the order guide not showing it as permissible. (Why the entertainment options have anything to do with transmission/engine options is beyond me!)
Sponsored