Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Any one know if this is a valid survey from Jeep? (@JeepCares) Came from Michael Ness at some site called gongos.com

Jeep Wrangler JL Phishing or Real? 1624302699930

Hi Jeep owner,
To make sure our offerings remain state of the art and exceed your expectations, we're looking for Jeep owners like yourself to participate in an upcoming research activity where you will have the opportunity to share your opinions with us directly – and get paid up to $200 for your opinions! Your feedback is especially important to our designers and planners as it will support important decisions on future service and experience development.
To see if you qualify to participate in the research activity, click the button below to answer a few questions. This survey will take less than 10 minutes of your time.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Any one know if this is a valid survey from Jeep? (@JeepCares) Came from Michael Ness at some site called gongos.com

Jeep Wrangler JL Phishing or Real? 1624302699930

Hi Jeep owner,
To make sure our offerings remain state of the art and exceed your expectations, we're looking for Jeep owners like yourself to participate in an upcoming research activity where you will have the opportunity to share your opinions with us directly – and get paid up to $200 for your opinions! Your feedback is especially important to our designers and planners as it will support important decisions on future service and experience development.
To see if you qualify to participate in the research activity, click the button below to answer a few questions. This survey will take less than 10 minutes of your time.
The sender's non-Jeep address is red flag #1.
Try hovering your mouse over the button they want you to click but do not click it. That will show the URL it's going to send you to, usually in a small popup on the bottom of the page. If that isn't a Jeep URL, do not click it. That's red flag #2.

It might still be legit, many companies contract out survey services. But you have no way of knowing if it is legit or not. So I would delete it and fuhgeddaboutit.

OP
OP
Dasher320

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
The sender's non-Jeep address is red flag #1.
Try hovering your mouse over the button they want you to click but do not click it. That will show the URL it's going to send you to, usually in a small popup on the bottom of the page. If that isn't a Jeep URL, do not click it. That's red flag #2.

It might still be legit, many companies contract out survey services. But you have no way of knowing if it is legit or not. So I would delete it and fuhgeddaboutit.
I know for sure it's not going to a Jeep website. It's gongos.com. In the past Jeep has sent spam looking emails to me directing to 3rd party websites. Stupid--expect them to be the next to have to pay the ransomware people if they are this dumb about what they send their customers. My assumption is always spam or phishing unless I can prove otherwise. Was hoping @JeepCares might know it's real or "care" that their customers are being phished.

(That's also why I didn't include the actual link in this thread--figured someone would click it LOL)

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
(That's also why I didn't include the actual link in this thread--figured someone would click it LOL)
Yeah. Someone would.

Being in IT, I can say the RIGHT way to do this is to embed the vendor's survey code into your own site. That way savvy people know it's authorized because it's going through a known valid website with valid certificates. I can also say it's a lot easier to bypass this and just send emails with links to 3rd party sites. But that puts customers at risk because there is no way for them to verify legitimacy.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Gongos is a consumer research company in Michigan if you google them. Looks real. Call them & find out.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Virtually every company uses a third-party company to conduct a survey. It's probably fine. As long as you don't need to provide any private information, I wouldn't be concerned.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am always happy to give feedback to businesses that I have dealt with. I have stopped doing so because I am concerned about scams.

OP
OP
Dasher320

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I am happy to provide feedback. The problem here is that they are offering $200 for feedback. That seems like a scam even though the company seems legit. I'll pass.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I know for sure it's not going to a Jeep website. It's gongos.com. In the past Jeep has sent spam looking emails to me directing to 3rd party websites. Stupid--expect them to be the next to have to pay the ransomware people if they are this dumb about what they send their customers. My assumption is always spam or phishing unless I can prove otherwise. Was hoping @JeepCares might know it's real or "care" that their customers are being phished.

Hey, Dasher320. I certainly care that you received this email, however, it was not sent from us so I am limited in the assistance I can provide. I also did a littler research and gongos does seem to be a legitimate site, but if you are unsure, I would not respond. Sorry I can't be of more assistance here.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored