Sponsored

Paint protection?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
It is a waste of money. I have it on mine because the dealership did it before selling the Jeep. I told them I wasn't gonna pay for it so started walking away, they dropped the price so I got it for free. It is garbage. Just wax your Jeep every month or so and you'll get the same or better protection. Mine did come with a 5 year warranty that states they will fix small chips on the paint regardless of how they happen, and I get a free detail included with it every year. So if you are getting that and it is a good dealership, it might be worth it.
My dealer did the same with my wife's car she bought last month. Already applied to every car on the lot for $1800! He took it off as i would never pay for it, let alone something i never asked for.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Honestly, a jeep that's gonna do any kind of actual offroading, even just a once or twice a year... I don't know. I mean, if the dealership says they'll repair chips and stuff through the coating (and you'll get a lot of those), that's great, but you'll be a regular at the dealership lol Not the life I wanna live, personally.

Then again, I'm not the guy to ask. I haven't washed my jeep since May or something like that. It did get rained on quite often, though.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I did install PPF on my front grill. Figured that would be the most rock chip friendly place. I ordered a pre-cut piece and installed it myself. A bit harder than I thought since the big pieces you have to stretch. Did not realise that but it turned out okay.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It is a waste of money. I have it on mine because the dealership did it before selling the Jeep. I told them I wasn't gonna pay for it so started walking away, they dropped the price so I got it for free. It is garbage. Just wax your Jeep every month or so and you'll get the same or better protection. Mine did come with a 5 year warranty that states they will fix small chips on the paint regardless of how they happen, and I get a free detail included with it every year. So if you are getting that and it is a good dealership, it might be worth it.
So surprised that noone has post3a pic of a totaled jeep, asking...is this covered....? lol... That's a joke waiting to happen..

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
my dealer wanted to charge $70 for nitrogen for the tires i was like is that factory and if it isn't don't do it. i also had them remove the aftermarket alarm they installed because i didn't want to pay $500 for it. there response when i said to take the alarm out was priceless we already installed it so you have to pay for it i was like ok ill go somewhere else. 20 mins later no alarm or nitrogen it was amazing how fast those dealer items can be removed when they need to make a sale.

HaleJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I use Fortify Shine Armor. It can be used on all surfaces. Bonus, it removes the film left by the glass cleaner.
Sponsored