Paint pitting and rust

Tampasport

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler jl sport bright white
First time jeeper, here. Got my bright white jlu sport exactly a month ago, 850 miles so far and garage kept. During the first wash today, I noticed pitting on the hood and rust spots. What gives? What should I do? Really appreciate the feedback and good info on this forum, by the way. I'm learning so much through this community.
20180728_120335.jpg
20180728_120313.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Tampasport

Judy ....
Ok, about the little rust speckles/freckles that are displayed in your picture. This is very common and no big deal at all. What those are, are tiny tiny pieces of steel that have become in bedded in the paint and then rusted.

These tiny specs of metal are very frequently seen on vehicles that are transported by rail cars or are have traveled say on the lower rack of a car transporter.

Tiny metal fragments fly from the rails or the road and get in bedded into the paint.

All you have to do is clay bar the vehicle (not hard to do) or have a local Automobile Detailer, "clay bar" the vehicle, and those speckles will be history. Do a Google search in regard to , how to Clay Bar a vehicle.

As for the tad of rust around the bolt, just clean it up and be done with it. Wax the area when done.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you haven’t done so, consider claying your car. It will remove those surface attached pieces of metal and other contaminants in the paint.

OP
OP

Tampasport

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler jl sport bright white
Exactly why I love this community. Thanks, y'all. I'm familiar with the clay bar process, I've done it before on my other cars. I failed to mention, not only is this my first jeep, it's my first white vehicle. Every thing is so visible! Anyone with a granite jl looking to trade for white??? Kidding.... maybe.... :idea: