P0746 error code with check engine light

Spastec

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X6M
I have a 2018 with 20000 miles and just moved to Tennessee a month ago. I drive 40 miles to work each day with a lot of hills. I have 35's with a 2 inch lift. The check engine light came on this morning with code P0746. The transmission stays in second gear until I turn the car off and turn it back on. My warranty expired in March. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Sponsored

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2018 with 20000 miles and just moved to Tennessee a month ago. I drive 40 miles to work each day with a lot of hills. I have 35's with a 2 inch lift. The check engine light came on this morning with code P0746. The transmission stays in second gear until I turn the car off and turn it back on. My warranty expired in March. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Years ago when I was turning wrenches, this was a popular choice with Chrysler Mini-Vans. The clutch solenoid pack was needed ( mounted to the front of the transmission).
Not sure about the Jeep transmission...
Should be powertrain coverage 60k...
Might be with a call to the dealership if low enough mileage

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Broken wire, bad shift solenoid, bad TCM, loose pin in a connector, water in a connector, bad tranny. Who knows.
What’s the definition of the code?

OP
OP

Spastec

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X6M
Took it to the dealership today and they reflashed PCM and TCM. That didn't work so they are going to replace the transmission valve body. Thankfully the valve body is covered under the powertrain warranty.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Took it to the dealership today and they reflashed PCM and TCM. That didn't work so they are going to replace the transmission valve body. Thankfully the valve body is covered under the powertrain warranty.
theyre guessing. Instead of diagnosing the problem, they get as far as the “possible causes” list and start R&R’ing parts. This will likely fix your problem. If it doesn’t, needs tranny.
Sponsored