KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@wanderer

Can tell you it absolutely, did NOT happen while you were driving. Update can only happen ... can only proceed, if the JL is turned off. The update takes 26 mins..

Once the OTA completes there is nothing you can or should do.
So sure of yourself. Mine updated yesterday while driving. The whole update, on the road.
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Ever day I see more people that are getting this damn update. The way it’s going, I’ll be lucky if I get it before the end of the year!
Last I checked, I was right behind you in line. :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So sure of yourself. Mine updated yesterday while driving. The whole update, on the road.
Yup, so sure of myself... @KevinLC

For you to start the update .... for it to proceed, the norm is.... that you must have the ignition in the off position... or you can not start it...

YES, once you start the OTA update, you can drive the JL and the OTA update will proceed and complete.

Sure, there is always a possibility of an exception to this as chitt happens..

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
"Can tell you it absolutely, did NOT happen while you were driving. Update can only happen ... can only proceed, if the JL is turned off. The update takes 26 mins.."

You have interesting things to say.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
"Can tell you it absolutely, did NOT happen while you were driving. Update can only happen ... can only proceed, if the JL is turned off. The update takes 26 mins.."

You have interesting things to say.
@KevinLC

Go be an AH somewhere else...

I may have worded it poorly, in my past post .... but again (the norm) to start the OTA update, you cannot start it .... it can only be started and proceed, if you start the OTA update, when the ignition is in the off position. Then you can drive for say the 26 minutes. (Unless, you pre- scheduled it and then it will probably start while you are driving.)

Sponsored

WKMCD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
No update for my JLUR in Fernandina Beach, FL. That's in the very NE corner of Florida. The Uconnect website says no updates based on my VIN.

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@KevinLC

Go be an AH somewhere else...

I may have worded it poorly, in my past post .... but again (the norm) to start the OTA update, you cannot start it .... it can only be started and proceed, if you start the OTA update, when the ignition is in the off position. Then you can drive for say the 26 minutes. (Unless, you pre- scheduled it and then it will probably start while you are driving.)
#Triggered

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
No update for my JLUR in Fernandina Beach, FL. That's in the very NE corner of Florida. The Uconnect website says no updates based on my VIN.
I'm not so sure I'd trust the information on Uconnect. Last week I did the same, later that same day I was prompted for the update when I shut the vehicle off. It could've been timing... who knows. You'll be prompted from the vehicle soon enough, but I wouldn't depend on what Uconnect shows. It's also a trash update. Take a gander at the eleventy-billion postings describing all the random issues owners are having with this Commodore 64-like technology. Once you have it, it's fantastic, but for some, it comes at a cost. Thankfully (and probably luckily), I've experienced none of the reported issues, but it's only Wednesday.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
None of it is consistent. My update started while the jeep was parked and off. It finished while I was driving. 2 days later unconnect website and representartive, that i spent an hour on the phone with, say the update is complete, Only I do not have the off road pages and and I cannot check my vehicle health. The rep to her credit said it doesn't sound like it went trhough and to wait maybe it will re-appear?MAYBE not sure if the dealer can do the update or not? anyone know?
FWIW:
I have a 2018 JL rubiconwith the 8.4& nav it has the srius radio/guardian and that has been activated.. Although i am not sure that the two are related. i just don't kow, and the gauradian. What else is supposed to be contained with the up date?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
None of it is consistent. My update started while the jeep was parked and off. It finished while I was driving. 2 days later unconnect website and representartive, that i spent an hour on the phone with, say the update is complete, Only I do not have the off road pages and and I cannot check my vehicle health. The rep to her credit said it doesn't sound like it went trhough and to wait maybe it will re-appear?MAYBE not sure if the dealer can do the update or not? anyone know?
FWIW:
I have a 2018 JL rubiconwith the 8.4& nav it has the srius radio/guardian and that has been activated.. Although i am not sure that the two are related. i just don't kow, and the gauradian. What else is supposed to be contained with the up date?
Maybe you already tried this, but how about removing power for 5 minutes to reset things?

To Kill 12v Power to the JL/JLU | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL ...

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
next on my list

MNSeapilot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Got the install last Saturday evening. Off road pages showed up and worked, we have had reverse lines. Did not drive the Jeep for a couple days, last night for the first couple starts they were flaky, the photo shows the Jeep, sitting in the garage in 2H and the status page shows everything locked. The attitude indicators did not work on a random basis, this affected the center display as well. After a few starts and stops everything seemed to have stabilized and was working great.

I hate software!

pages.jpg

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
ok the saga continues/ I disconnecte dmy batery let it ist for 30 min reconnected thaought I had the 2 cables right but apparenlty not becasue i then lost my sirius xm button onth radio and the buttons allwent blue instead of red. so i reversed the the 2 cables They both bolt to the same two studs just differnect order and them my radio went back to red and the sirius button came back BUT no update no offorad pages no vehicle health. so next stop dealer I guess.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
ok the saga continues/ I disconnecte dmy batery let it ist for 30 min reconnected thaought I had the 2 cables right but apparenlty not becasue i then lost my sirius xm button onth radio and the buttons allwent blue instead of red. so i reversed the the 2 cables They both bolt to the same two studs just differnect order and them my radio went back to red and the sirius button came back BUT no update no offorad pages no vehicle health. so next stop dealer I guess.
Have you spoken to @JeepCares yet? They advised me to hold off from going to the dealer for now. They advised me to let them know how things are on Monday. I also just read a post from a member saying that arep told them a new OTA update will be rolled out in the next 24-48 hrs. I'm guessing that's why they asked me to hold off.
Sponsored