First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I ordered a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon today. Manual Transmission, Granite Crystal Metallic. No Sky top, no Advanced Safety, no soft top, but I think I checked most of the other boxes. The dealer is saying 6 - 8 weeks, but I’m really hoping for a shorter timeline. I have vacation starting Aug 30. We’ll see :)

I’m super excited. This will be my first Jeep... Letting go my 2011 FJ Cruiser. I too am hoping the bugs have been worked out of the wrangler!
Sponsored

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I ordered a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon today. Manual Transmission, Granite Crystal Metallic. No Sky top, no Advanced Safety, no soft top, but I think I checked most of the other boxes. The dealer is saying 6 - 8 weeks, but I’m really hoping for a shorter timeline. I have vacation starting Aug 30. We’ll see :)

I’m super excited. This will be my first Jeep... Letting go my 2011 FJ Cruiser. I too am hoping the bugs have been worked out of the wrangler!

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired

You and me both. I wish they would get their head out in the sunshine and think; for Gods sake, there are some really good ideas out here. The common jeep person has more on the ball than their engineers put together. How about a Rubicon with an open end order sheet, so we can tell them what we want on our jeep with out having to spend double on a package. The after market could really capitalize on this. Also there has to be a way to get rid of all the start stop crap(no better word). Who's bright idea was it to make a gap in the fender fit so that it collects rocks. That's a real bright person, give him a raise. Sorry to vent.

Midwesttrekker

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Granite Crystal Ordered 7/19. 2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
You and me both. I wish they would get their head out in the sunshine and think; for Gods sake, there are some really good ideas out here. The common jeep person has more on the ball than their engineers put together. How about a Rubicon with an open end order sheet, so we can tell them what we want on our jeep with out having to spend double on a package. The after market could really capitalize on this. Also there has to be a way to get rid of all the start stop crap(no better word). Who's bright idea was it to make a gap in the fender fit so that it collects rocks. That's a real bright person, give him a raise. Sorry to vent.
You're getting the hang of this forum!! What type of wheeling / exploring do you do in Florida? I've done some dirt (sand, really) roads around Apilachicola... beautiful area.

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
You're getting the hang of this forum!! What type of wheeling / exploring do you do in Florida? I've done some dirt (sand, really) roads around Apilachicola... beautiful area.
My wheeling has been in Colorado. I have not wheeled in Florida yet. Not interested in mud. Daytona Waves has a meeting/get together/ dinner at rock bottom Brewery there behind the Bass Pro shop and the guys all show up with their jeeps, some pretty nice rigs. It's a tuesday and starts around 5.30. With special parking for jeeps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
My wheeling has been in Colorado. I have not wheeled in Florida yet. Not interested in mud. Daytona Waves has a meeting/get together/ dinner at rock bottom Brewery there behind the Bass Pro shop and the guys all show up with their jeeps, some pretty nice rigs. It's a tuesday and starts around 5.30. With special parking for jeeps.[/QUOT
It's a Daytona jeep customer shindig.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize if this has been covered already, but anyone know when the 2020's are hitting the dealers?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue

Congrats!!!!

NeoMaximuz

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Unlimited Rubicon JL
Wow I didn't know the 2020s were already being ordered. Last year the ordering for the 2019s didn't open until October and I didn't get my 2019 until December.

Congrats! You're gonna love your Jeep, it sounds awesome!

Sponsored

PAFarmBoy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Military
I am military stationed overseas and ordered my Rubicon from MAS in June. They are saying I will not see my Wrangler until THANKSGIVING!!! MAS stopped taking orders for 2019 in May; my sales guy showed me the email. I thought I saw on the forum that production for the 2020s was going to start on 22 July. Can anyone confirm that? I placed the order using 2019 specs and should be getting a confirmation if anything changes or new options are made available. Nothing yet...

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
2020 production starts today
I was on with Jeep chat today checking my status and I am D1, but he said production didn't stop today. The last 2019 rolled off today, was scheduled for Friday.. So "maybe start tomorrow" but my ship date is still 7-29!! My dealer expects me to have it 8-3!!!! :jk::rock::jk::rock::jk::involve:

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired

Well congrats, mine was ordered on the 17th. They said 6/8 weeks. I say 12 wks. Where is o Fallon Mo? My other half is from St James Mo. I don't know about you but I am going Nukin Futs waiting, so I decided to just forget about everything until I am suprized with the phone call. Yea right!
Sponsored