Hi All I am trying to place a order for a 2019 4 door Sahara in Mojito

I filled out the order sheet i wanted

advanced safety group

safety group

dual top group

cold weather group

anti spin differential

engine block heater.

The dealer states that i need to add 8.4 radio group if i add advanced safety group.

I dont see that i have to. Is the dealer correct???

Thanks Scott
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

advanced safety group

safety group

dual top group

cold weather group

anti spin differential

engine block heater.

The dealer states that i need to add 8.4 radio group if i add advanced safety group.

Thanks Scott
You won't get it until at least April unless you add the 8.4 with the advanced safety group. Something about the wiring harness. If you think all of the extra cost and complexity of the asg is worth waiting until then you can skip the 8.4 and wait. Never know, they may accelerate the availability if it before then.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

advanced safety group

safety group

dual top group

cold weather group

anti spin differential

engine block heater.

Thanks Scott
For what it's worth - the upgrade to the "Infotainment Group" is nice. When I was test driving the dealer didn't have any with it and I thought the audio system on a stock Sahara was OK at best, but when I got mine with the 8.4 and Alpine Premium Audio I was blown away.

offandon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, Hyundai Santa Fe, '19 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

advanced safety group

safety group

dual top group

cold weather group

anti spin differential

engine block heater.

Thanks Scott
I was told the same thing when I ordered 2 weeks ago. I went with it figuring we’d end up liking it anyway

OP
OP

mrsnorkel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tacoma, soon to be jeep owner
Ok thanks everybody for your replys. i guess i have a decision to make..

Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
It’s a totally worthwhile upgrade! The upgrade has a lot of bonuses like dampening, Alpine System, etc.

Plus you won’t have to wait to get it! My JLUR was just delivered yesterday, 22 days from order to arriving at the dealer!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

advanced safety group

safety group

dual top group

cold weather group

anti spin differential

engine block heater.

Thanks Scott
Hey, Scott. Yeah, this is a temporary restriction, but it's actually worth it. I'm on Long Island too.
I had 2 questions: do you think we need the plug in engine block heater? What dealership are you using?

OP
OP

mrsnorkel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Like the idea of the engine block heater the cost is minimal. I do not think its a must have where we live but what the heck why not.

I sent out my order sheet to Kate Morris of courtesy jeep, mike knight at Suresky jeep, and Mark Fitzpatricks at Fitpatricks jeep.

I am Near Ronkonkoma in Suffolk county.

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
I Like the idea of the engine block heater the cost is minimal. I do not think its a must have where we live but what the heck why not.

I sent out my order sheet to Kate Morris of courtesy jeep, mike knight at Suresky jeep, and Mark Fitzpatricks at Fitpatricks jeep.

See what you get back on quotes. I have a dealer here in VA that is giving 8% under invoice plus $500 accessory credit and another doing $8% off but lower dealer fee. Works out to be a wash either way. But you could hop the train and drive home easily.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Cool. I just wanted to make sure you were looking off-island for a price, as the dealers here are very inflexible. Haven't gotten any feedback on Kate, but Mike gets good reviews and people who go with Mark love him, so you should be well set up. Good luck, and let us know your final #s. I'm in Huntington, and looking at them and a couple in MD, weighing if the trip is worth the added costs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mrsnorkel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See what you get back on quotes. I have a dealer here in VA that is giving 8% under invoice plus $500 accessory credit and another doing $8% off but lower dealer fee. Works out to be a wash either way. But you could hop the train and drive home easily.
8% is really good are they trying to make you use their financing???

OP
OP

mrsnorkel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. I just wanted to make sure you were looking off-island for a price, as the dealers here are very inflexible. Haven't gotten any feedback on Kate, but Mike gets good reviews and people who go with Mark love him, so you should be well set up. Good luck, and let us know your final #s. I'm in Huntington, and looking at them and a couple in MD, weighing if the trip is worth the added costs.
Yeah long island dealers are not going to get my money they wont move at all.
Roger that trying to work a trade in also. If Not i will sell it locally or carmax or something.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Yeah long island dealers are not going to get my money they wont move at all.
Roger that trying to work a trade in also. If Not i will sell it locally or carmax or something.
Mark was able to give me a trade range via email when I gave him vehicle particulars. Carmax is balls, or rather lowballs. Putting mine on CL this week. Criswell is the best % below on the East Coast, but the fee us higher ($299) which negates about .5% on a $50k build. Definitely considering them and Ourisman, also in MD. They are at 7.25%, but I'm waiting on info on a tire swap.
Huntington would go 1% with Tread Lightly, but that leaves at least $2k on the table for me, and I ain't gonna beg them for it. Rather deal with the good guys off-island, let the suckers buy here.

originalrhianna

First Name
Rhianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
The one dealer would prefer that you use in house the other didn’t seem to care. I’m sure both to sell regardless
Do you mind sharing the name of the dealerships and the representatives you’ve been working with? Thanks!
Sponsored