Sponsored

Confirmation of buid/order date for 2019 JL?

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My current (non-Jeep) lease is about to end. Handing car back next week so super eager, like everyone, to order a 2019. As of now I’m looking to order a white rubicon, with both hard and soft tops, a 2 or 4” lift. Buying this time around w/o a loan. Make more sense to let them believe I’ll be financing? Someone said dealers prefer you to finance?
Sponsored

1986CJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ
My current (non-Jeep) lease is about to end. Handing car back next week so super eager, like everyone, to order a 2019. As of now I’m looking to order a white rubicon, with both hard and soft tops, a 2 or 4” lift. Buying this time around w/o a loan. Make more sense to let them believe I’ll be financing? Someone said dealers prefer you to finance?
yes, because of the interest rates % they received off the loan. You don't break out the cash only deal until you've agreed on a price.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
You can always finance $10k and pay it off in 6 months, that way the dealer makes a few points and you come out ahead. There are minimum finance requirements, but I think the bank they use it’s set at $10k

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
yes, because of the interest rates % they received off the loan. You don't break out the cash only deal until you've agreed on a price.
I wish I knew this, every time a dealer asks if I am going to finance my response is, “does it matter which one I do for the sake of the deal or a potential deal?” 99% of them responded by saying it doesn’t matter. My response then is “okay well why did you ask?”. Usually get a funny look on their face from that. I find it funny.

I thought one pro of putting down money was it meant that you could pay your loan back faster which means the dealer can put you into a new car sooner.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I’m in the market for a Moab edition. What are you thoughts of ordering a 2018 vs waiting for 2019? I assume the options won’t change since it’s a late-year addition. So it seems to come down to 2018 is a bit cheaper but may not have quite the resale. Am I missing anything?

Also, is there any chance Jeep may add some additional grey options for 2019? I’m afraid that 3 greys plus a black isn’t quite enough. At which point do we start accusing Jeep of having a red-room somewhere?
As far as anyone knows, the MOAB is a 2018 model. Aside from the ACC and FCW safety features and the new color (Bikini), no other options, including the MOAB have been announced. If you really want a MOAB, don't wait (plus, they're killing Mojito! for 2019, if that's a concern for you).

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Where can I find factory installed options along with associated prices? For example I heard if i order a Wrangler i can have the factory install a Mopar 2" lift but i have no idea where to find it.
There is no option for a factory installed lift. Far too many liability issues on that front.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Are we able to take a Quick Order (24M) and remove features? I really could care less about the Safety Group and would rather save the $700.
24M includes all of the options listed, without the possibility of item delete. (and if you could care less, it means you do care some...;))
Sponsored