ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Debating ordering the following build:

JLU Rubicon, Hydro Blue or Sting Gray, Hard top, 6spd. that's it. 7% below invoice.

Just thinking it's so close to '22 that I should hold out for any changes (mainly colors or a trim modification) and also to have it a year newer for resale value. What's the anticipated increase in price?
Sponsored

Drummond

First Name
Shelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 equinox
Wondering if 22’s will
Come out before all the 21’s are fulfilled. We ordered 7/14. Expected delivery is November . Anyone have thoughts of 22’s will hit dealerships while we are waiting for 21’s.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

JLU Rubicon, Hydro Blue or Sting Gray, Hard top, 6spd. that's it. 7% below invoice.

Just thinking it's so close to '22 that I should hold out for any changes (mainly colors or a trim modification) and also to have it a year newer for resale value. What's the anticipated increase in price?
If you can get exactly what you want now why wait? Waiting is a gamble there could be changes you like but If you don’t like the changes it’s too late. The price will increase, supply chain shortages could cause long delivery delays. Resale value depends more on miles and condition.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

If you are able to get 7% invoice and get what you want go for it, if it does go into '22 after you order and you can be locked into the 7% invoice than its win-win.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
If you are able to get 7% invoice and get what you want go for it, if it does go into '22 after you order and you can be locked into the 7% invoice than its win-win.
yeah I think you're right, I think there will be some significant price increases coming.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I think you're right, I think there will be some significant price increases coming.
I ordered my 392 at $79,915 the window sticker now shows $80,115, thank goodness I am not paying 79-80k. Alot of dealers are starting to reduce there % below invoice from what I can.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I ordered my 392 at $79,915 the window sticker now shows $80,115, thank goodness I am not paying 79-80k. Alot of dealers are starting to reduce there % below invoice from what I can.
My JLUR increased $370 from when I ordered to when I took delivery, luckily I didnt have to pay it. I'm considering ordering a '22 392 but im going to wait and see what all changes if any are coming, or a 392 Gladiator would be even better

Jgro151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
Order now to get in line, if anything changes you can always change to a '22, either way you're going to be waiting.
Yep. This 100%. Just make sure the deposit is refundable or can be re-allocated if you cancel or move to a ‘22. I’ve heard some folks didn’t get it in writing and have had issues of trying to do that.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey

Based on rate of inflation? Substantial. Same with Financing Rates.

BarbieYears

First Name
Barbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wondering if 22’s will
Come out before all the 21’s are fulfilled. We ordered 7/14. Expected delivery is November . Anyone have thoughts of 22’s will hit dealerships while we are waiting for 21’s.
Wow! Which option is holding up your order? I heard the new green is taking a long time, and so are some other options. I ordered my JLUR on August 1 and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. It's insane how lead times vary so much.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
If youre concerned about 1 year newer affecting resale that much, then youre already planning on selling it within 2 years. so why get it.

if you arent happy with a 2021, then you sure as hell wont be happy with a 2022 because theres not going to be a significant enough update to next years model that would make you lose interest in your current(2021)jeep.

discounts usually arent offered on the brand new model year.

OP
OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
If youre concerned about 1 year newer affecting resale that much, then youre already planning on selling it within 2 years. so why get it.

if you arent happy with a 2021, then you sure as hell wont be happy with a 2022 because theres not going to be a significant enough update to next years model that would make you lose interest in your current(2021)jeep.

discounts usually arent offered on the brand new model year.
Honestly, not really looking at resale, it was just a logical thought to me, if I'm a month away from a '22 which sounds newer '22 or '21? I've basically been in the JKU since they were first released (bought in October 2006).

So........no thoughts of resale in 2 years, just thinking out loud. I think the possible bump in cost will offset any future resale.