One year

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Congrats. I thought I put a lot of miles on with 27-38k a year. With all the recent ....My JL is a piece of junk threads, it's nice to hear of someone without any major issues after a year.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
And here I am creeping up on 10k miles after 13 months! And that included a 1k mile drive from Houston to Denver in May!

37k in a year? Man, that’s some lasting memories and a few butt sores! Congrats!

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
It’s that time of year! Happy birthday to Rumrunner! Pulling into one year with 37,193 miles. Two issues that required service: A new master cylinder and a new sway bar installed. Back and forth from Texas 5 times. From Idaho to exploring all over the southwest! Cheers to many more adventures! I said I wouldn’t do any major mods until after the 1 year mark to get a good feel for what I want.

Planned for this next year:
3” lift
37” tires.
Front bumper - whenever I find one I like
Winch

C34106F5-AF20-433D-BDC9-B6DCFCD2DD53.jpeg
@beachbumm78 Gotta ask. I believe your rig is a Manual. How is the clutch doing after a year? Would you recommend the Manual long term over the automatic? I love me a manual but the 8 speed auto in these Jeeps has spoiled me.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
and am trying to add as many creature comforts as I can for my 3 ladies (passengers) - thanks in advance!
How's about three SheWees. :like:

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
And here I am creeping up on 10k miles after 13 months! And that included a 1k mile drive from Houston to Denver in May!

37k in a year? Man, that’s some lasting memories and a few butt sores! Congrats!
Thanks! Yeah with covid around nothing to do for me but to road trip and explore for the entire summer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
WOW!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I thought that I had a mileage count.... I was just over 20k miles at 1st Birthday. And here you go trying to double me!!! Lol.

looks like you had an awesome year!!!! Best to you for year 2. Enjoy the journey.
Thanks! I’d gladly give you a few miles. They sure crept up on me quickly that’s for sure.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. I thought I put a lot of miles on with 27-38k a year. With all the recent ....My JL is a piece of junk threads, it's nice to hear of someone without any major issues after a year.
Thanks. Agreed. Always good to hear of Jeep’s making it with no issues. So far. Haha. For the considering, reading all the crap-jeeps threads, it could definitely scare someone away. And definitely some have problems. Just glad I’ve had a great one so far.
Sounds like you put miles on like I do yearly. lol.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
there is a tendency for people to complain and share more when CR&P happens. Especially in the current climate. Are there folks out there having problems with there jeeps? YES!!! Should they be having many of the problems? NO!!!! So I understand the concerns being voiced. However, I also believe there are also many folks out there driving and enjoying their jeeps with zero issues. They are just silent.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@beachbumm78 Gotta ask. I believe your rig is a Manual. How is the clutch doing after a year? Would you recommend the Manual long term over the automatic? I love me a manual but the 8 speed auto in these Jeeps has spoiled me.
About 2-3 months ago I had to have the pressure plate replaced as it decided to stop working in the Starbucks drive-thru. So it hasn’t been completely seamless this first year. Hence why I just bought an extended warranty. Just don’t trust things yet.

Long term would I recommend? For me—yes, I’d stick with my manual. I love driving them and that’s why. It has been a new learning experience off roading in a manual. Especially rock crawling. But I’m enjoying the challenge. Not hard just the small details that you have to focus on. Every day driving doesn’t bother me at all. The new automatics are fun to drive too with their quick zip. So I’d say it just depends on the driving experience you want.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
37k miles in a year? Damn. I have had my JLUR since Sept 2019 and am at 5200 miles with it. Didnt even get the Steering TSB done yet because wife and I been too lazy.
Haha. Yeah when covid hit the company I worked for declared bankruptcy so I decided to move to Phoenix, az b/c why not. So I just had the entire summer to travel and explore. Plus 5 trips back and forth from Texas so those miles added up. Quickly.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations- that’s a lot of windshield time and it sounds like you used it very well!!
Any interior mod recommendations that you have for keeping things comfy with that much time behind the wheel? I’d like to put some distance on my JLUR and the interior is pretty Spartan (only option was the cold weather package - heated cloth is pretty nice actually - lol), and am trying to add as many creature comforts as I can for my 3 ladies (passengers) - thanks in advance!
Thanks!! For the most part there hadn’t been much I’ve done and find it comfy. Now I usually travel by myself so there is that. Less people to please. Haha
I do find the seats hard after sitting in them awhile compared to other vehicles seats. Finding a mod for that...still contemplating. I don’t have people that ride in the back seat but I’d think the backseat incline option to add would make it more comfortable for those in the back on extended trips. I have had to rethink where I have my phone mounted. I have the bulletproof solutions and currently sits to the left of the gps. I’ve found it blocks either part of the navigation or the air flow. Pick your poison. So I just ordered the passenger side mount to use instead. Not much in the way of storage up front so I got the small tray to go behind the grab handle on the passenger side above the glove box. That gets used all the time. (Link below to give example)

Savadicar JL GrabTray Passenger Storage Tray Organizer Grab Handle Accessory Box for 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU & Jeep Gladiator JT, Interior Accessories, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VLL84F3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_5A35FbKPADDXK

I’ve also added these also to help keep all my cords, camera, GoPro stuff, etc together.

1PC Passenger Grab Handles Accessory Storage Pouch Organizer Bag for 1965-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK JL TJ YJ CJ MINGLI Black Mesh UV Protected Polyester Dash Tools Bags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075685CHZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_RD35FbF2RZ5MR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Biggest thing for comfort would be the window tint to help keep inside nice and cool. Oh and a small trash can for trash invaluable. Last thing I added that most use are the grab handles to get in.

Hope this helps! It can depend on each person also so best bet is to start somewhere and I guarantee each trip you’ll find something else to add. Lol.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
there is a tendency for people to complain and share more when CR&P happens. Especially in the current climate. Are there folks out there having problems with there jeeps? YES!!! Should they be having many of the problems? NO!!!! So I understand the concerns being voiced. However, I also believe there are also many folks out there driving and enjoying their jeeps with zero issues. They are just silent.
Agreed.

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks!! For the most part there hadn’t been much I’ve done and find it comfy. Now I usually travel by myself so there is that. Less people to please. Haha
I do find the seats hard after sitting in them awhile compared to other vehicles seats. Finding a mod for that...still contemplating. I don’t have people that ride in the back seat but I’d think the backseat incline option to add would make it more comfortable for those in the back on extended trips. I have had to rethink where I have my phone mounted. I have the bulletproof solutions and currently sits to the left of the gps. I’ve found it blocks either part of the navigation or the air flow. Pick your poison. So I just ordered the passenger side mount to use instead. Not much in the way of storage up front so I got the small tray to go behind the grab handle on the passenger side above the glove box. That gets used all the time. (Link below to give example)

Savadicar JL GrabTray Passenger Storage Tray Organizer Grab Handle Accessory Box for 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU & Jeep Gladiator JT, Interior Accessories, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VLL84F3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_5A35FbKPADDXK

I’ve also added these also to help keep all my cords, camera, GoPro stuff, etc together.

1PC Passenger Grab Handles Accessory Storage Pouch Organizer Bag for 1965-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK JL TJ YJ CJ MINGLI Black Mesh UV Protected Polyester Dash Tools Bags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075685CHZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_RD35FbF2RZ5MR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Biggest thing for comfort would be the window tint to help keep inside nice and cool. Oh and a small trash can for trash invaluable. Last thing I added that most use are the grab handles to get in.

Hope this helps! It can depend on each person also so best bet is to start somewhere and I guarantee each trip you’ll find something else to add. Lol.
This is awesome - thanks for the input and sorry for the slow reply (crazy last few days with the kids/holidays)!
I appreciate your suggestions and will look in to the extra storage idea behind the passenger grab handle as well as a few cellphone mount options. I don’t have gps and usually dump my phone in the key holder between the cup holders, but I think something closer to my field of view may be in order, especially when using maps, etc. I’m also sorely in need of some decent tint up front too (Pre-corona I was in the gym 3+ times a week, so at 6’2”, 205lbs+, I’m like a walking furnace), and am going to check out the hotheads system too one of these days. Lastly, I’d also like to maybe figure something out for mounting tablets to the molle system on the backs of my Rubi seats for the girls to keep from killing one another on longer trips - more to come on that front. Thanks again for the input, happy holidays - stay well!