Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wow!!! Thank you for that link. Man the bowing on that guys springs is horrendous. I bought my Jeep 10/2018 so probably did fall in one of the earlier stages or batch of Mopar lifts for the JL. Since the dealer installed it they should back it.
Yeah. My guess is, any corrections to a Mopar lift ought to be covered. Sort of like a “recall” but for accessories.

Mopar always used to stand behind its products, but things have changed. You never know with FCA.

Good luck.
Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Am I the only one that finds it odd that someone is asking about normal on a Jeep forum:giggle:

OP
OP
JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So just to follow up..I took my Jeep back to the dealer to have a couple things done and while there I had them check my spring/sway bar situation. Like mentioned here, nothing out of whack but the issue is caused by the relative bowing of the springs....They did confirm things are installed correctly and springs are seated properly.
The service guy did say I have a TSB (02-006-18) on the front suspension/driver side spring (of Mopar Lift), so they got that taken care of, and he implied (or I interpreted) this was a fix addressing the spring/sway bar proximity concern. Basically they just replaced the lower piece the spring sits on (lower spring isolator). Looking it up, the TSB refers to this addressing concerns or complaints of a clicking noise while driving but no mention of the bowing of spring towards/away from sway bar. Well low and behold, after this was done...guess what...I STILL don't have any clicking noise and I STILL don't see any difference in the distance between my driver's side spring and the sway bar link. Chalk that up to needless time in service. 😞

Here is the TSB in the forum:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...icking-noise-tsb-02-006-18-may-17-2018.10551/
Sponsored