Sponsored

Oil pan skid.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I have yet to see a review or video of UHMW yet, do you have some information you could share please?
Absolutely.
UHMW stands for ultra high molecular weight polyethylene(plastic). It is very dense and hard. A skid plate for your skid plate.
It allows you to slide with ease over anything that would drag underneath at the skid plates. Metal plates cause too much drag, mar, and dent. The UHMW takes the beating like a champ and makes for a much smoother and quieter experience.

I have them on my SXS's and crawlers. No more getting hung up. 3/8" seems to be a good thickness to not have to worry about any tearing and also gives you long life. IMO, worth every penny.
Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Absolutely.
UHMW stands for ultra high molecular weight polyethylene(plastic). It is very dense and hard. A skid plate for your skid plate.
It allows you to slide with ease over anything that would drag underneath at the skid plates. Metal plates cause too much drag, mar, and dent. The UHMW takes the beating like a champ and makes for a much smoother and quieter experience.

I have them on my SXS's and crawlers. No more getting hung up. 3/8" seems to be a good thickness to not have to worry about any tearing and also gives you long life. IMO, worth every penny.
Does the aluminum underneath still receive the same type of damage? I looked into this but my concern is that the aluminum would still end up becoming overly deformed after a year or two and with the cost of aluminum + UHMW it didn't seam like a viable option. You are the first I've heard any first hand experience with.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Does the aluminum underneath still receive the same type of damage? I looked into this but my concern is that the aluminum would still end up becoming overly deformed after a year or two and with the cost of aluminum + UHMW it didn't seam like a viable option. You are the first I've heard any first hand experience with.
The aluminum will receive no damage where the UHMW is. The main advantage of the UHMW is to not get hung up on things.
Of course if you play like a real deal rock bouncer then you could dent in the aluminum but at that point you have probably greater things that have broken.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
The aluminum will receive no damage where the UHMW is. The main advantage of the UHMW is to not get hung up on things.
Of course if you play like a real deal rock bouncer then you could dent in the aluminum but at that point you have probably greater things that have broken.
Well thanks for the info. I guess like schooling good information isn't free because that probaly will cost me over a grand :CWL: . Now back to ground zero, time to research, research, research. If anyone has some before and after video or picture links please share.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this FB group will post here but looks like Metalcloak is close to releasing one.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. 6714FE8A-197B-4FD1-854A-453F1E547D01
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. 26BBC607-A9E8-4FB7-9C2D-C1ED3F2D26C4

Sponsored

OP
OP

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
Well thanks for the info. I guess like schooling good information isn't free because that probaly will cost me over a grand :CWL: . Now back to ground zero, time to research, research, research. If anyone has some before and after video or picture links please share.

Lite Brite installed this on their Jeep

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Great to see the first full lift kit for the 392. Metalcloak makes solid kit.
Don’t see an option for 392 on their site. Wonder if they just used the springs and from their diesel lift kits and maybe adjusted the front and rear track bars as those may be different on the 392?
I’d really like a 3.5” Dual Rate system with shock relocation brackets so I can keep the stock shocks with Gold lettering 😅.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Not sure if this FB group will post here but looks like Metalcloak is close to releasing one.

With these types of belly skids under the engine and trans, do you have to remove them to change the oil & filter?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
With these types of belly skids under the engine and trans, do you have to remove them to change the oil & filter?
I Do not believe they would design anything that required removal. If you look at oil pan skid you can see access hole to drain plug.

Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Yikes. In the meantime something like this would be better-
7251827-24.jpg

Also, locating this needs to gain more traction. Looks like it could gain an inch of clearance not to mention less snag points in the profile.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. 7412A7F0-A504-4FE4-8F53-82FCC7B3BDCE

This is the OEM plug. M14x1.50x21.50.

So is this it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Oil pan skid. 92FCF1ED-E85C-46F4-AA6F-2728D5314065

Others may know a better place to find the part.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
Can someone supply a link for a hollow oil drain plug that fits the 392?
Sponsored