Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
20190105_125602.jpg
Columbus here.
Looking forward to the Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion again this year. Heard the count was estimated at 7 or 8 thousand Jeeps there last year. Gets bigger and better every year.
I think we’re gonna try and make it down there this year
Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
The vendors are set up inside and outside the convention center. Great place to get your hands on all of the stuff you see online (and purchase) Plus you get the Smoky Mountains. Lots to do and see.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone make the trek up north to Jeep the Mac? We’re thinking about trying it this year too, just not looking forward to a 8 hour drive.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm assume you're referring to Mackinac? If so didn't know there was any designated trails up that far. I know MI is pretty rural once you start getting close to the U.P. but haven't heard of anything specific up there. I'm sure there are plenty of trails though. I've been up around Barton City (just southeast of it) and there is nothing but nature up there. Beautiful. Too bad it's that state up north.

If you do make the trek though. Don't forget to stop in a Cabela's, in Dundee on your way by. That place is massive.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assume you're referring to Mackinac? If so didn't know there was any designated trails up that far. I know MI is pretty rural once you start getting close to the U.P. but haven't heard of anything specific up there. I'm sure there are plenty of trails though. I've been up around Barton City (just southeast of it) and there is nothing but nature up there. Beautiful. Too bad it's that state up north.

If you do make the trek though. Don't forget to stop in a Cabela's, in Dundee on your way by. That place is massive.
Yeah it’s across the Mackinac Bridge. Then rides over at Drummond Island (there’s a badge of honor trail there). I’d hate to stop at that Cabela’s because I’d want to buy too much stuff in there. I’d say our stop would be at Ann Arbor to get our OSU flags flying in front of that stadium they have there.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha!!!!! I like your style.

I didn't realize there was a badge of honor trail up there. I guess I'll have to add a few hours to the trip next time I head up that way.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
PS. I figured from the bow in your avatar that you may burn some time on the Dundee stop. Well, time and a lot of money. Ha ha.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Railroad conductor
Amherst here, wife has a JKUR my JLUR was ordered December 15th. Can’t wait!

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the UP in October, and hit Drummond Island for the Badge of Honor trail. It was very muddy as it had been raining but still a blast. First time on a trail!

09E7B54A-6BC0-415D-9432-2D841CF9BF9B.jpeg

F77B1CDB-99CF-426B-ACAB-9B3458C98464.jpeg

8E04D7CC-7064-4023-937A-AF441A540CF3.jpeg

C94B797C-023E-4BF5-8684-808E47B73AE7.jpeg

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Welcome to the forum Billsxt2002

Derek, it looks like it was fun. So no giant mud hole to ford, no rocks to crawl over? Light off-roading, a little mud/dirt and rough terrain. Sounds like my kind of trail. Guess I'll have to hit the UP next time I'm up that way.
I really like that last photo too BTW.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum Billsxt2002

Derek, it looks like it was fun. So no giant mud hole to ford, no rocks to crawl over? Light off-roading, a little mud/dirt and rough terrain. Sounds like my kind of trail. Guess I'll have to hit the UP next time I'm up that way.
I really like that last photo too BTW.
The giant mud hole is in the photo where I am on higher ground facing it; there are definite rocks, roots, tree branches, and tight trails waiting to pinstripe all who enter. Most of that is on video and no stills. This was my first time on a true trail and I was nervous to get over my head with no one around and no cell service if something happened.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
A few more from the UP trip :

08E0AE85-D1CC-48D3-9881-B68A6D313A6D.jpeg

2883B58A-6129-4C07-9AC4-FD20C4D2DCF3.jpeg

01380F2B-6BA9-44CE-9B3C-07AD1EA9CDA6.jpeg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That mud hole isn't bad. I know a lot of people want to run through the middle of it, but I'd just go around the edge. I've done plenty of mudding through the years, and I'm over that stuff. I don't mind getting the Jeep a little muddy, but I'm not looking to run through deep mud. It sucks cleaning mud out of the rims, frame, bumpers, etc. You go mudding one day, and clean mud for 6 months. Although I will say that we had a Cherokee mid way up the doors in a mud hole and it was a lot of fun. A copmlete mess to clean up afterwords but a good time. I'll stick with the slightly less fun, much less clean up, of keeping it light.
I see in the photo that others have routed around the deep spot. Still a bit muddy but nothing that isn't manageable. That's the route I'd take.

Oh, and wheeling 101. Never wheel alone.
Sponsored