Ohio Jeepers

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
Nice! I used to live in North Olmsted in Butternut Ridge.. in Lakewood now. Welcome!

If you’re interested in going wheeling, I highly suggest (and you may have seen my posts) going to Southington Off-road Park in Windham. It’s about an hour from NE Ohio but it’s an incredible place. Lots to do there even for stock Jeepers. They’re open once a month, usually the first weekend of the month. I’ll be heading out there this Saturday or Sunday.

Hope to meet some new JL people out there!

Thanks! I have a couple friends that live in Lakewood. Part of me would like to go light wheeling, but part of me want's to keep it stock-ish and baby her until I make a few payments haha
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Rob, I've got a buddy who is management out there. Both he and Tyler have assured me there are trails you can safely take a stock Wrangler down. My Jeep is probably only going to see light wheeling at best with me. I bought the Sahara because I know I'm not going to utilize the capabilities of a Rubicon. Heck, I won't meet the full potential of a Sahara/Sport either. However, I do plan to go to Southington at some point and take a few easy trails. I've had mine off pavement a few times now, but so far it's not been far, or extreme (just getting to hiking/hunting spots). Southington Offroad Park reportedly has good trails for every type of Jeeper.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
It’s true! I was going to say too that there’s PLENTY to do with a stock Jeep there.

If anyone is interested, I’ll be heading out there this weekend - hopefully Saturday but if not Saturday, then Sunday for sure. I don’t usually work weekends but have a special project I need to complete so..

Still - it’s an open invitation every weekend they’re open for wheeling. Im happy to lead the way through the simple stock trails, which are essentially dirt roads.

DM me if interested :)

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... Im happy to lead the way through the simple stock trails, which are essentially dirt roads.
Those are exactly what I have in mind. I (and my Jeep) have nothing to prove, and I've done enough "stupid" wheeling when I was younger in a truck to get my fill of it. I'll happily drive down a dirt road, get a little dirt on the tires and call it a day. I normally work weekends, but I'm going to have to use some vacation time and take you up on that offer.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ooo, lucky dog. Just outside the lake effect area. I guess technically you're on the edge of the secondary snow belt, so I'm sure you'll get to use that 4wd to tackle snow soon. Maybe just not as soon as some of us. Ugh, I hate winter in N.E. Ohio, but for some reason I don't move down your way (or further). :headbang:

Anyway, welcome.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Welcome aboard guys.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
New Madison here. My 2 door JL Sport has a ship date of 8 December! My husband has a 17JKU. Just popping in to say hey!

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Welcome new Ohio Jeepers! Hope you’re enjoying (or will be enjoying) your new Jeeps!

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
20190105_125602.jpg
Columbus here.
Looking forward to the Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion again this year. Heard the count was estimated at 7 or 8 thousand Jeeps there last year. Gets bigger and better every year.

PaPaw Stingado

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 12 Camry, 12 Rav4, 04 Harley FLHT,19 JLUR Sting Gray ordered 12/29/18
I am in Chillicothe, Ohio. Just wondering how many fellow Ohioans are on here.
I bought my Black JLU Rubicon in April and loving it!
:like:
Greenfield Ohio here, New to the Group as of today, I just Ordered my 19 JLUR Sting Gray on 12/29 now in a holding pattern

PaPaw Stingado

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 12 Camry, 12 Rav4, 04 Harley FLHT,19 JLUR Sting Gray ordered 12/29/18
20190105_125602.jpg
Columbus here.
Looking forward to the Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion again this year. Heard the count was estimated at 7 or 8 thousand Jeeps there last year. Gets bigger and better every year.
My Son and I was there last year in his Jeep Patriot, this Year we will be in my 19 JLUR I just ordered on 12/29 can't wait for it to get here
Sponsored