ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
All,
I'm looking if anyone knows if there is a jeep or off roading club near the AV, Santa Clarita area?
Not interested in rock crawling but would love to do some trailing soon.

Thanks
Ron
Sponsored

Kaisertod

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR 2.0T
All,
I'm looking if anyone knows if there is a jeep or off roading club near the AV, Santa Clarita area?

Thanks
Ron
I don't know of any clubs around here, just because I have been out of the game a bit. Most of the people I used to wheel with were in the IE... so maybe we'll have to start one once we're all equipped.

In the meantime, if you're itching to get dirty, there are a bunch of places to go that are safe enough even if alone.

Check out the Hungry Valley OHV area... http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1192 they have some cool obstacles that you can play on even if you don't have someone with you. There are always people around there as well if you get stuck. It's hard to get in a lot of trouble there though...

Just north of there is the Miller Jeep Trail (it lets out into Hungry Valley) and that you should probably wait to have someone with you... it's like 25-30 miles of trail, not too technical, but could get hairy if you were alone.

Closer to you is the Rowher Flats area... it's a little boring and tame, but still a place to wheel if you're just itching, and not really dangerous to do alone. https://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Rowher_Flat_OHV_Area

If mud is your thing (not really my thing) then check out Azusa http://www.ohvguide.com/maps/azusacanyon.htm It's not that far, and there are ALWAYS people there that could pull you out if you get stuck.

As you get to the 15 and towards Big Bear there are some world-class trails of all ranges of difficulty, but I wouldnt try any of those without some company.

Like I said, I am not much help with clubs but hopefully this will help you, or someone else who might be looking for a quick journey into the dirt.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
All,

Thanks
Ron
Hey Ron,

I know the founding member of Channel Island 4x4 Club and just recently joined up with them (Simi Valley/Ventura County area). You can check out their Facebook page if you don't find anything closer. Big group that loves to wheel a lot, everything from simple training to large crawls. Not to nitpick but typically going out alone isn't a good idea and I would have to differ in opinion with the info regarding Jeep Miller trail. Some of it might not be too technical but the trail is rated at an 8/10 (Black Diamond) so you should make sure you have experience wheeling or have a great spotter.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CI4X4/?ref=bookmarks

Sponsored

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
All,

Thanks
Ron
I'm in Northridge waiting on my 2019 replacement Sport S. Also mostly interested in trails. I'll be pulling my JL behind my motorhome a few times a month.
I also go out midweek a lot. I used to off road a lot in the 70s. Even up at Santa Clarita. Artesian Springs campground had a fun little road
Never really went out in pairs in the 70s in my VW or later in ny Datsun PU.
Always made it home.