Sponsored

Off Road Tips

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Ya he did he rolled backed. Not sure if he had a manual and stalled or not (hence why autos are better off road) he should have held and try to go forward again or wait for help. Asking for help is ok. And since he had a container on the back up high I bet his interior was full of stuff. Rear was probably heavier then front.
I said "seriously" wrong. Obviously he did something wrong -- that's why he rolled over. My point was that he wasn't being a jackass.
Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
The doggo always gets out.

Amazing how many rollover videos feature a dog yeeting out the back window mid-roll. Dogs are smart.
Smarter than some of their owner/drivers😏. You “can” roll anything if you work at it hard enough. Really, common sense alone will keep you out of the most dangerous situation-problem with common sense is that it is NOT common. A stock JL is not as capable as a dedicated rock crawler. Try and follow one, esp one with an experienced driver, and you’ll get in trouble. Remember though that even the lowly “Sport” sans options is “trail rated” meaning Jeep has taken it through the Rubicon-they may not have used the most extreme pieces, and they doubtless had experienced off road drivers, BUT they did make it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Smarter than some of their owner/drivers😏. You “can” roll anything if you work at it hard enough. Really, common sense alone will keep you out of the most dangerous situation-problem with common sense is that it is NOT common. A stock JL is not as capable as a dedicated rock crawler. Try and follow one, esp one with an experienced driver, and you’ll get in trouble. Remember though that even the lowly “Sport” sans options is “trail rated” meaning Jeep has taken it through the Rubicon-they may not have used the most extreme pieces, and they doubtless had experienced off road drivers, BUT they did make it.
Yeah, probably not a good idea to follow one of these on a hard core run :)
Damn I'd love to get behind the wheel of that bad boy though!

Jeep Wrangler JL Off Road Tips 1645643663498
Sponsored