First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Hi all, we just joined as a forum sponsor so excited to see this discussion going...always appreciate an opportunity to provide more info!

You are all correct about the step line! Light focus is very important for not only driver safety but others on the road who can potentially have their vision obstructed by glare. The step line for left-hand driving countries is lower on the left, higher on the right so your lights don't blind oncoming traffic. The Oculus headlights have a very sharp cut-off line and focus light with precision specifically to avoid such issues (and this sharp cutoff makes the step more obvious on a wall test!) You should adjust them slightly so there is that step; you can see what I mean in the photo below. Feel free to give our support staff a call if you have more questions or want a technician's assistance with aim!

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg
darn! Not doing this again any time soon, are you?
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
darn! Not doing this again any time soon, are you?
Do you mean the discount on the Oculus? The BFCM one is over, but we do have an forum-exclusive 10% off + free 2-day air shipping through tomorrow! PM us if you want to grab them.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't look like one of our authorized dealers; I can double-check for you! They have it listed at $709.76 right now, WHOA :surprised:
So what did you find out about that site?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
So what did you find out about that site?
Thanks for the follow-up! It doesn't look like they are an authorized dealer of ours. I see that they still have the Oculus listed $200 above the retail price :no:

FastAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JlR
The top cutoff had me freaking out too. I'm still trying to get them aimed so there is only 1 "step"

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
The top cutoff had me freaking out too. I'm still trying to get them aimed so there is only 1 "step"
Don't freak out! Feel free to give our team a call at 1-800-407-5776 if you have questions that our technicians can answer to help you aim.

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I just ordered the fog lights to match.. think ill try and aim everything again once I get the fogs in. Ideally is there suppose to be only 1 step in the cut off?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Here's instructions for properly aiming your Oculus Bi-LED headlights:
  1. Park the Jeep 15-20ft. away from a wall on a flat surface.
  2. Measure from the ground to the center of each headlight.
  3. Mark the same height on the wall with tape.
  4. Locate the adjuster bolt on the back of each headlight covered by a rubber cap.
  5. Aim the cutoff lines to meet the marked spots on the wall using the supplied allen tool.
This wall test photo shows how the step should line up:

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

I just ordered the fog lights to match.. think ill try and aim everything again once I get the fogs in. Ideally is there suppose to be only 1 step in the cut off?
Yep, just one step that you can see in the above photo! You can certainly wait until your fogs are in to tweak everything the way you'd like it.

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Got my sweet fog lights in!!! Buuuut not sure where all the wires go or how to install them. Any idea on when a video will be available showing the install?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Got my sweet fog lights in!!! Buuuut not sure where all the wires go or how to install them. Any idea on when a video will be available showing the install?
Awesome! Not sure that we'll have a video ready soon for you. If you re-visit the product page, we have an install guide available. You can also call our technical team at the number in our signature to get assistance over the phone!

Sponsored

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Awesome! Not sure that we'll have a video ready soon for you. If you re-visit the product page, we have an install guide available. You can also call our technical team at the number in our signature to get assistance over the phone!
Could you point me to the correct install guide? I looked yesterday and didn't see one for the JL fog lights. Thank you!!

Jdeluna81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Just installed my Oculus led in my 2020 jlur today and I'm starting to notice fogging in them. Is this normal?