Sponsored

No CD Players on ANY version / option???

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
OP, this was a joke right? You got me!

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
People are running out of things to 3itch about! :cwl:
Honda not only removed the cd player but also the 3.5mm input AUX from the new Accord. At least jeep kept the AUX input so you can listen to your old school devices.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
I actually prefer a CD player. My GC doesn't have one and it irritates me. But it has Sirius radio which plays the same five songs over and over again lol.

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
I actually prefer a CD player. My GC doesn't have one and it irritates me. But it has Sirius radio which plays the same five songs over and over again lol.
Just copy your cd's to a USB flash drive. That way you can have 100's of songs on one little chip instead of taking up room with CD's.. Been doing that for years.

Sponsored

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I would have liked a CD player as well. My son reads a lot but sometimes we get books on tape from the library to listen to on trips.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just copy your cd's to a USB flash drive. That way you can have 100's of songs on one little chip instead of taking up room with CD's.. Been doing that for years.
Except you lose sound quality with mp3 compression. There are very few lossless audio formats and I don’t think any of them are compatible with UConnect.

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except you lose sound quality with mp3 compression. There are very few lossless audio formats and I don’t think any of them are compatible with UConnect.
CD's have the same loss, that is why people like vinyl records. USB and CD's are digital format and when played there is a loss on both when the data is converted to analog. I have a unconnect in my wrangler and the sound from my USB is just as good as on my Yamaha house receiver. You want pure sound buy a record player .

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
CD's have the same loss, that is why people like vinyl records. USB and CD's are digital format and when played there is a loss on both when the data is converted to analog.
Yes but a cd is not compressed, which is where the sound degradation comes from. There is not any perceivable loss from digital audio. Vinyl is preferred because of the warmer, richer sound, not because of any perceived “loss” from digital formats.

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but a cd is not compressed, which is where the sound degradation comes from. There is not any perceivable loss from digital audio. Vinyl is preferred because of the warmer, richer sound, not because of any perceived “loss” from digital formats.
There is always loss when any digital format when converted to analog sound. Google a CODEC or coder/decoder. You will see the loss values and this is why in the digital telephone systems we have today, we have to Pad the DB levels for the CODEC loss when the data is converted to analog. The MP3 compression itself does not cause loss. I t is the coder/decoder function that causes the loss. The reason vinyl is richer and warmer is because vinyl is analog and does not have to be converted from digital.
Sponsored