First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Wondering if the JK will be the final Jeep Wrangler sold with a CD player. Not that I use these anymore. Just curious if Jeep is going all in with the new tech with the JL.
Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Wondering if the JK will be the final Jeep Wrangler sold with a CD player. Not that I use these anymore. Just curious if Jeep is going all in with the new tech with the JL.
99% sure there isn't a CD player slot in all the new my connect systems. So I'd bet the JK is the last wrangler with a CD player.

UN4GTBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
99% sure there isn't a CD player slot in all the new my connect systems. So I'd bet the JK is the last wrangler with a CD player.
The new uConnect systems (8.4" screens) have an optional CD player. Usually stuffed under the center armrest.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
You can always add a Mopar one in the armrest like the GC and RAM, etc. The Uconnect units support external ā€˜remoteā€™ CD/DVD players, but I donā€™t know anyone who would take up a single inch of space anywhere in a Wrangler for a CD/DVD.

D93CE227-D788-473D-9E85-B5169AB38106.jpeg

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
No real need for CD players when you have USB ports for removable thumb drives.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I agree, but unfortunately there isnā€™t much lossless support other than WAV and the close to lossless WMA Pro format @24/96 (it doesnā€™t specifically mention WMA lossless either way, but I assume the mention of only Pro and the specific mention of VBR, means itā€™s not got WMA lossless support... but might). But... who wants to covert everything again !?!

I would love to see them add FLAC and Ogg Vorbis (mainly for my older stuff that Iā€™m too lazy to convert) natively to Uconnect itself so you can just plug in a low profile USB stick.

They do have mild support on Apple CarPlay fia VOX, but my experience with it adding it to a friendā€™s Hyundai has been less than positive. I havenā€™t seen a good app for Android Auto either, but likely both will continue to add in future iterations.

I am happy they added M4B support so I can better manage audiobooks, which is slightly more painful on the 430, a higher res screen and title/track management system should help too.
Likely have a new JLU before ā€œThe Winds of Winterā€ finally makes an appearance, which I never wouldā€™ve expected, so will be good to have that for filling in the reading gaps there.

You can of course also play losseless files from your portable device, but as there is no direct audio channel, other than the headphone/mic 3.5mm aux-in jack, then it kinda makes that method pointless.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/system/2017/pdf/8.4NAV-RA4.pdf

PS, Long Live Sun Microsystems .AU format !! :rock:

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Likely have a new JLU before ā€œThe Winds of Winterā€ finally makes an appearance, which I never wouldā€™ve expected, so will be good to have that for filling in the reading gaps there.
You are likely to have the new Jeep model after the JLU before "The Winds of Winter" is released!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX 400h
The new uConnect systems (8.4" screens) have an optional CD player. Usually stuffed under the center armrest.
Any word on whether the JLU is actually available with a CD slot? I get that I can rip my old music CDs to a USB drive or a smart phone, but who has the time for that?

Thanks for indulging an "old school" question...

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Any word on whether the JLU is actually available with a CD slot? I get that I can rip my old music CDs to a USB drive or a smart phone, but who has the time for that?

Thanks for indulging an "old school" question...
It doesn't appear to be so unfortunately.

Sponsored