Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Good morning forum,
Just picked up my new Punkin JLU this past Thursday. I think the 6 week anticipation stressed me out so much that now I'm sick with a summer cold. So far since Thursday, I have done the following upgrades:

Alien Sun Shade (2 peace front and rear black)
Alien Grab Straps (4 black)
Mopar Tow Hitch Receiver
Mopar Side Steps (Running Boards)
Curt 8" Trailer Hitch Extender
Quadratec All Weather Mats (front only)
Lange Originals Coyote Mirror pair (on order)
Quadratec Custom fit entry Guards (on order)

My Jeep Tire question is, I have the stock black 17" wheels with stock 245/75/r17 tires currently mounted. I want to upgrade to the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires, but I am not sure of the widest and tallest tires I can mount on those stock rims (without lifting). Does anyone have an idea how large I can go with the stock wheels. I appreciate any help ypoui can provide.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Good morning forum,
Just picked up my new Punkin JLU this past Thursday. I think the 6 week anticipation stressed me out so much that now I'm sick with a summer cold. So far since Thursday, I have done the following upgrades:

Alien Sun Shade (2 peace front and rear black)
Alien Grab Straps (4 black)
Mopar Tow Hitch Receiver
Mopar Side Steps (Running Boards)
Curt 8" Trailer Hitch Extender
Quadratec All Weather Mats (front only)
Lange Originals Coyote Mirror pair (on order)
Quadratec Custom fit entry Guards (on order)

My Jeep Tire question is, I have the stock black 17" wheels with stock 245/75/r17 tires currently mounted. I want to upgrade to the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires, but I am not sure of the widest and tallest tires I can mount on those stock rims (without lifting). Does anyone have an idea how large I can go with the stock wheels. I appreciate any help ypoui can provide.
So I assume this is a Sport or Sport S we're talking about...

The biggest tires that those tires come in that you could do without a lift would be the 315/70R/17's, but if you go with those you'd want spacers to push them out or they'll rub at full turn. 1.75" spacers should do the trick.

Disclaimer - no personal experience with these combinations, going by what I've read/heard.