First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
If you drive highway a lot then the 4.88s will keep you performance close to stock. 5.13s will help more on the trail to overcome the tire diameter. If you have a 6 speed the 5.13s will also help around town or in stop and go traffic.
I have the 3.6 with AT. Iā€™ll have to take a look these. Thx!

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Yukon order placed

5.13sāœ…
Chromoly rearsāœ…
RCV w/FAD frontsāœ…

So much for a light build. šŸ˜œ
next on the list will be wheels and tires, and a tire carrier (RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE).

I am. Currently having to pump the brakes once before braking to build pressure in the lines and get a firm pedal. I am considering Wilwood brakes as well. The Jeep stops okay now (6/10) but I want to eliminate brake knockoff at the very least. If any of you have upgraded your brakes Iā€™d be interested in what your running and how itā€™s performing!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Some people plan to change out axles, fenders, wheels, etc. to make a hard core rock climbing machine. Except for the electronic sway bar disconnect, there is no advantage in purchasing a Rubicon since everything will be going.
From what I've gathered after being immersed in this stuff for the last month or so, a lot of the Rubicon owners ditch the stock sway bar for something more reliable when the fancy disconnect breaks, which it apparently tends to do.

I think it's fair to say we collectively have a disease, and we can't leave anything alone, no matter how good it is. Guilty as charged.

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
From what I've gathered after being immersed in this stuff for the last month or so, a lot of the Rubicon owners ditch the stock sway bar for something more reliable when the fancy disconnect breaks, which it apparently tends to do.

I think it's fair to say we collectively have a disease, and we can't leave anything alone, no matter how good it is. Guilty as charged.
I havenā€™t read much about the factory disconnect breaking. What I am also guilty of switch things around. This is my first 4 door jeep and I figured Iā€™d have fun with it.

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I use 6th all the time, stay at 2000 rpmā€™s and get decent mileage.
I get 21 mpg combined, whether I use 5th and 6th or just tach 2500 and stay in 4th all day. I'm sure I get slightly better mileage constantly moving the stick around, but it's not that dramatic at all. I would barely notice if all I had was a 4-speed.

A lot of the picture around here is that the way the torque curves fall, the only way to make power in the higher gears is to speed like someone from New York. Hey bud, I call it like I see it. :CWL:

If I had the budget, I would definitely try 4.10s on for size.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I havenā€™t read much about the factory disconnect breaking. What I am also guilty of switch things around. This is my first 4 door jeep and I figured Iā€™d have fun with it.
When I was looking into quick disconnects, I turned up people who were talking about putting the same kind of thing on a Rubicon, because they found the electronic one unreliable. I got the impression that was a thing, but that impression was just formed in passing.

This is my first Jeep, and I'm definitely having fun with it. Right at the moment, I'm kind of at the point where I'm starting to feel bogged down by the new payment, annoyed by the IOU I left myself in the savings account I cleaned out, and I tend to spend the week feeling kind of stupid for going all in to pay for something I hardly ever get to enjoy. Man, I must be a moron, I think to myself. Years of payments. My truck was paid off. What the hell was I thinking? I'm a moron, plain and simple.

Then I get to go have fun with the Jeep, and people I encounter out there comment on how broadly I'm smiling. Yeah, it's worth it. Maybe I am a moron, but I'm a happy moron. :CWL:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
When I was looking into quick disconnects, I turned up people who were talking about putting the same kind of thing on a Rubicon, because they found the electronic one unreliable. I got the impression that was a thing, but that impression was just formed in passing.

This is my first Jeep, and I'm definitely having fun with it. Right at the moment, I'm kind of at the point where I'm starting to feel bogged down by the new payment, annoyed by the IOU I left myself in the savings account I cleaned out, and I tend to spend the week feeling kind of stupid for going all in to pay for something I hardly ever get to enjoy. Man, I must be a moron, I think to myself. Years of payments. My truck was paid off. What the hell was I thinking? I'm a moron, plain and simple.

Then I get to go have fun with the Jeep, and people I encounter out there comment on how broadly I'm smiling. Yeah, it's worth it. Maybe I am a moron, but I'm a happy moron. :CWL:
You only go around once my brother

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
You only go around once my brother
You got that right, amigo. My grandfather died with a lot of money in the bank. For what? He looked at the same ugly carpet for 50 or 60 years so he could leave money to a man who had already retired well, and didn't need it. Again, I ask, for what?

The old man might have smiled more if he had ever bought a Jeep. :CWL:

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Bumper mounted tire carrier or that shiny new $$$ from teraflex?

I like the LOD but it looks heavy and complicated to setup and maintain.

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
I bought this thing in November of last yearā€¦. You all could have told me this was addictive. Thanks to the members who took the time to provide good guidance and recommendations.

F54C6950-90F9-449E-A913-A6793E7E7373.jpeg

35229622-5426-4370-AD09-167BA2884B5A.jpeg
Sponsored