New jeep

Rfolsom

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 willys unlimited
So I traded in my 2021 Willy's sport, which I loved, but I'm getting too old for the manual transmission, locks, and doors. The resell value was awesome.

I got a Rubicon with the extreme recon package and the 4 cylinder engine. So far, I love everything about it.
Jeep Wrangler JL New jeep PXL_20230608_012210686
Sponsored

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
Nice new ride!

There are times I would love to have one but the price is way out of my league as a Senior Citizen/Retired. I also like to think my bare bones Willys helps with me keeping my flexibility to use the Stick and reach over to do the windows and door locks. Now if I had a JLU with 4 doors I’d probably have the power stuff.

On my worst days, I have to lift my left leg into the Jeep, but I’m smiling all the time when I am driving so it makes up for it.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Congratulations, I can't understand why they would still make a Jeep without power doors and windows. Never saw or heard any of these fail. They are basic modern technology.

I'll leave the manual transmission debate for another day, but I don't get that either, especially with the awesome auto tranny in wranglers now.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Congratulations, I can't understand why they would still make a Jeep without power doors and windows. Never saw or heard any of these fail. They are basic modern technology.

I'll leave the manual transmission debate for another day, but I don't get that either, especially with the awesome auto tranny in wranglers now.
Because some people enjoy the mechanical simplicity and lack of integrated electronics, especially if they are going to be working on the vehicle a lot themselves, and especially if the vehicle is going to be used for a lot of recreational purposes. This applies to both of your statements about door locks and manual transmission.

Also a lot of people enjoy driving a manual.

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Because some people enjoy the mechanical simplicity and lack of integrated electronics, especially if they are going to be working on the vehicle a lot themselves, and especially if the vehicle is going to be used for a lot of recreational purposes. This applies to both of your statements about door locks and manual transmission.

Also a lot of people enjoy driving a manual.
Oh I mean I understand, it just makes zero logic to me. I had the power doors fail one by one on my Land Rover Discovery in the early 2000´s and I had to change all the actuators one by one and it was no big deal.

svc707

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR, 21 JTM, '23 4RNR
So I traded in my 2021 Willy's sport, which I loved, but I'm getting too old for the manual transmission, locks, and doors. The resell value was awesome.

I got a Rubicon with the extreme recon package and the 4 cylinder engine. So far, I love everything about it.
Jeep Wrangler JL New jeep 1686309022165
I got the exact same but in Granite yesterday too. XR package no led package since I’ll swap it all out anyways. I also have the 6cyl in my gladiator but I feel the 4cyl turbo with the XR package works really well together

OP
OP
Rfolsom

Rfolsom

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 willys unlimited
I gotta say, after 1 day I'm pleasantly surprised by the 4 cylinder.

The dealership is going to swap out the lights for the LEDs. I hate the halogen ones.
Any recommendations for first mods? It didn't come with a hitch, but I would only use it for a hitch carrier, so that was what I was thinking.
Sponsored