Sponsored

New 2020 order

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just got told that my order placed 8/21 just got its VIN assigned today and is status C.

What's the current build time? The dealer told me 6-9 weeks, but it seems like people are getting theirs faster than that?
Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just got told that my order placed 8/21 just got its VIN assigned today and is status C.

What's the current build time? The dealer told me 6-9 weeks, but it seems like people are getting theirs faster than that?
I placed order on 8/21 as well. I have VIN and status D as of checking a few minutes ago. Iā€™ve been reading a lot of posts here and it seems like the time from order to ship can happen in as little as 2 weeks. Of course anything could change in factory (# orders ramping up, supply issues, or perhaps improvements in time). Also if you have little add on stuff like headliner, it can get stuck in JB state for awhile. I didnā€™t even order all weather mats b/c I was worried it may slow things down. I can buy and put in myself.

Transit ship time from factory to dealer seems to have ranged from 1-3 weeks. SoCal and AZ buyers here both had to wait in the 3 week time range. Iā€™d guess youā€™d be more in the 1-2 week transit time range.

Take all this from someone who knows nothing, just summarizing what I think Iā€™ve been reading and in mentally calculating my own delivery time frame. :)

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Not sure what you ordered. Mine is a ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L.

Ordered: 7/27/2019
VIN: Received 8/5/2019
Build info on Jeep forum: 8/20/19
ETA: Not available as of today

Mine is through Assembly and Inspection. Now in JB status for some option installs. It has been in this status since Wednesday of this week (8/21).

As mentioned, I donā€™t have an ETA yet for delivery. I know mine will be delivered to the dealer from Toledo by Truck. Rail will not be used as I am located in Southern Indiana.

As of tomorrow I am 4 weeks post order.

This is my condition. It is also my understanding that Assy of ā€˜20s actually started 7/22. Iā€™d say that times from Order to delivery varies right now because of scheduling adjustments that occur with any Model Year shift. Probably a sizable chunk of the orders currently for ā€˜20s are through dealers for specific customers. Meaning dealers are probably not ordering many yet to fill their lots because all of the inventory of existing JLs that remain unsold. I know that from my local dealer I was told that their basic plan is to orders ā€˜20s as the sell their remaining ā€˜19s. This plan would probably be very different of course if the ā€˜20 Model Year was a huge change.

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon

Quickest Iā€™ve seen for a 2020 order is three weeks.

Seems like a lot of people are in the 4-5 week area

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello to all.

Learned today that my JLJP74 has left JB and moved into JS. I have been given an ETA of 9/13. (ie 7 weeks after order). I am past ready!!!!

Has anyone else noticed that the info available below does not appear to be updating???? I think the last update was yesterday afternoon Pacific time.
84F76730-2DDA-48A2-97E9-C4BB62348381.png

Sponsored

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
I placed order on 8/21 as well. I have VIN and status D as of checking a few minutes ago. Iā€™ve been reading a lot of posts here and it seems like the time from order to ship can happen in as little as 2 weeks. Of course anything could change in factory (# orders ramping up, supply issues, or perhaps improvements in time). Also if you have little add on stuff like headliner, it can get stuck in JB state for awhile. I didnā€™t even order all weather mats b/c I was worried it may slow things down. I can buy and put in myself.

Transit ship time from factory to dealer seems to have ranged from 1-3 weeks. SoCal and AZ buyers here both had to wait in the 3 week time range. Iā€™d guess youā€™d be more in the 1-2 week transit time range.

Take all this from someone who knows nothing, just summarizing what I think Iā€™ve been reading and in mentally calculating my own delivery time frame. :)
@RangerRobAZ, Just curious what dealer did you go through? Were they good to deal with?
Thanks,
Dale

Bucks45

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport, 1968 Chevelle, 1981 Camaro, 2017 Cadillac, 2013 HD Street Glide
Occupation
Director of Operations
Hello to all.

Learned today that my JLJP74 has left JB and moved into JS. I have been given an ETA of 9/13. (ie 7 weeks after order). I am past ready!!!!

Has anyone else noticed that the info available below does not appear to be updating???? I think the last update was yesterday afternoon Pacific time.
84F76730-2DDA-48A2-97E9-C4BB62348381.png
I noticed it's not updating too! I know if it was working my jeep would be done:LOL:

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@RangerRobAZ, Just curious what dealer did you go through? Were they good to deal with?
Thanks,
Dale
I went through Rodeo Jeep in queen creek based on a recommendation of another user on here. He told me they gave 6% off invoice on 2020 order and when I went sent an email, they confirmed. I havenā€™t received my car yet and tracking info is not very forthcoming from the dealer. Overall, though, zero pressure experience and I think they offered a decent price on trade in, although that isnā€™t set in stone for when I actually go to pick up the vehicle and sign the deal. Also the MT tires I ordered are not on vehicle. Iā€™ll see what they do about that on delivery. Would be hard to find a better, easier deal in valley I imagine. Here is the sale guy contact info.
Peter Notbohm
Internet Director
480.550.3800 Office
[email protected]

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
Thanks @RangerRobAZ . He is one that I have reached out to via email. So far I haven't received a email back with a price for the Jeep I spec'd out. He doesn't seem to respond to quickly. But I haven't given up on him yet. Thanks for the input.

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks @RangerRobAZ . He is one that I have reached out to via email. So far I haven't received a email back with a price for the Jeep I spec'd out. He doesn't seem to respond to quickly. But I haven't given up on him yet. Thanks for the input.
Yeah he is pretty slow in email response time for sure. I went in because of the trade, and also he gave me some numbers on 2019s if I was interested. He did schedule me same day that I emailed him, so that was fast. Iā€™d just do the email route like you are doing if I had to do it again. I didnā€™t realize the trade in quote is mostly just to give you a ball park, but no promises on value when vehicle is actually delivered. I dunno what is wrong with dealers in general, but even when I went in, I was there about 3 hours. Each trip to the back to calculate numbers took like 20 minutes! But very low sleaze factor dealing with him. Best experience Iā€™ve had at a car dealer (for whatever that is worth), although we will see once the deal is done. :)

Sponsored

BOYLE55

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I ordered my jeep 6/27 or so I thought. Apparently the dealership didn't put it in for 2 week. I've been call during that time for VIN update. Then they sent me VON. Ugh

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my jeep 6/27 or so I thought. Apparently the dealership didn't put it in for 2 week. I've been call during that time for VIN update. Then they sent me VON. Ugh
So you ordered a 2021. With the VON you can get the VIN by calling Jeep Chat. And also make the dealer give you a POC.

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello all. Thought I would provide an update.

a little over 2 years in of ownership on my ā€˜20 Sahara.

Coming up on 50k miles.

Could not be happier!!!!!!

Hope all is well for you all!!!!
Sponsored