Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
this seems more plausible that it’s temporary — we are very early in 2021 color availability for chief etc. “lots of orders” to me says they’d continue not stop, at least thru remainder of the model year .
I don't know anything extra, I'm just guessing based on my own experience: When my salesman was getting ready to go, Firecracker Red was the only one I could order out of my choices ( Punk'n Orange, Mojito! green, and Firecracker red) and a few other options were not open to order (listed as "Restricted"). I had to think about it. I waited about a week or so, checked back and he told me: "for some reason, Punk'n Orange is back open for order and LED's are open to order again. Do you want to lock it in?", and I told him Yes. As you can see, it worked out fine.

If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with assembly lines/ production schedule. I read something at one point (I forget where, might have been about Jeep, might have been Ford Bronco, may have been another manufacturer altogether) that mentioned certain models/ packages/ trims are only produced certain times of the month/ or certain months, or even Customer Orders vs. Inventory. Using Jeep for the sake of an example, say Rubicon 392's or 4xe are only produced the 4th week of the month; once they finish that run, they're done for that month, and all the orders that aren't fulfilled end up getting pushed to the next month, unless production schedules end up being changed due to demand and additional supplies are sourced.

Again, just a guess. I have no experience outside what I've read here and in the news. point is, just check back.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
this seems more plausible that it’s temporary — we are very early in 2021 color availability for chief etc. “lots of orders” to me says they’d continue not stop, at least thru remainder of the model year .
I can’t say who told me this but chief is gone for the year and nacho will be gone by the middle of next month

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
I can’t say who told me this but chief is gone for the year and nacho will be gone by the middle of next month
Can confirm that chief is gone. Tried to order one 2 weeks ago and had to go with the new blue of hydro blue.
Sponsored