Sponsored

SK9638

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have really taken a liking to chief blue since the first time I came across it. The color just reminds me of home at the beach, California, now living in Kansas. Sadly, it is pretty hard to find any used wrangler in chief without it being above market value by quite a bit when every other used wrangler is around 2k plus under that I am finding online.

I thought I would bring this question to other chief blue fans. Should I go with a 2021 islander in chief with a white hard top, really like the islander theme too, or a 2018 firecracker rubicon completely loaded and paint/wrap it chief blue?

Both are at the same price, both under 35k miles. I would do a 2-3 inch lift, 35 inch tires, put on body colored rubicon fender flares on the islander, steel bumpers, and rear LEDs. Rubicon would get painted/wrapped in chief blue with white hard top possibly along with swapping red dash for white.

What would be the best route to go? Basically either way looking to do an Islander themed rubicon style wrangler. Rubicon has less work being just the paint but I dont know the cost of a well done paint job/wrap for a 4 door wrangler. I honestly find myself torn due to how much I really like chief blue islander compared to getting a fully loaded rubicon at the same price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I have really taken a liking to chief blue since the first time I came across it. The color just reminds me of home at the beach, California, now living in Kansas. Sadly, it is pretty hard to find any used wrangler in chief without it being above market value by quite a bit when every other used wrangler is around 2k plus under that I am finding online.

I thought I would bring this question to other chief blue fans. Should I go with a 2021 islander in chief with a white hard top, really like the islander theme too, or a 2018 firecracker rubicon completely loaded and paint/wrap it chief blue?

Both are at the same price, both under 35k miles. I would do a 2-3 inch lift, 35 inch tires, put on body colored rubicon fender flares on the islander, steel bumpers, and rear LEDs. Rubicon would get painted/wrapped in chief blue with white hard top possibly along with swapping red dash for white.

What would be the best route to go? Basically either way looking to do an Islander themed rubicon style wrangler. Rubicon has less work being just the paint but I dont know the cost of a well done paint job/wrap for a 4 door wrangler. I honestly find myself torn due to how much I really like chief blue islander compared to getting a fully loaded rubicon at the same price.
I love the islander in chief with a white top. Looks great. That's probably what I'd do.

I got offered $15k more than what I paid for my 2 dr Chief by a dealer during the craziness (we bought from a volume dealer so we got a steal and paid like $7k under MSRP). I probably should have taken it but eh, won't get that opportunity again for that color with that config.

SK9638

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I love the islander in chief with a white top. Looks great. That's probably what I'd do.

I got offered $15k more than what I paid for my 2 dr Chief by a dealer during the craziness (we bought from a volume dealer so we got a steal and paid like $7k under MSRP). I probably should have taken it but eh, won't get that opportunity again for that color with that config.
I am wanting a 4 door but there is a 2 door chief I found online, everything I want, but 7k above market price and they have had it on lot for 50 some days. The only add aftermarket changes were these huge chrome wheels, not my thing, with new tires. If they went to just market value I would probably go after it. I don't even want a 2 door, mainly because a 4 door works better for the Wife, big dog and I. But that chief color with color matched flare and hard top is just gorgeous to me.

I am leaning hard towards that Islander, even though I don't intend to do any real off roading I feel like I am losing value getting essentially a sport over a rubicon. I don't intend on reselling or trading in. Whatever I get I plan on holding onto for as long as possible. I have wanted a wrangler since 2001 when I got out of high school, but always went practical route. Now I am just getting what I love and holding onto it, taking care of it as long as possible.

Last edited:

Rival///

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2022 Supra CF
Occupation
Trash Collector; Bud’s Sanitation
Going to pick up a Chief Blue Rubicon this week. Hard to find for sure, especially with a diesel. Planning mods now and will post pics soon.

In the meantime, check out this Chief Blue AEV that I just missed out on locally. (If you got it, ya stole it! Dealer had it priced like a lift and tires, not a $20k+ AEV conversion)

Jeep Wrangler JL CHIEF Blue Wrangler JL Club 3A4BBBC2-EF80-4D8A-B64D-4E4C7F877FBA

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am wanting a 4 door but there is a 2 door chief I found online, everything I want, but 7k above market price and they have had it on lot for 50 some days. The only add aftermarket changes were these huge chrome wheels, not my thing, with new tires. If they went to just market value I would probably go after it. I don't even want a 2 door, mainly because a 4 door works better for the Wife, big dog and I. But that chief color with color matched flare and hard top is just gorgeous to me.

I am leaning hard towards that Islander, even though I don't intend to do any real off roading I feel like I am losing value getting essentially a sport over a rubicon. I don't intend on reselling or trading in. Whatever I get I plan on holding onto for as long as possible. I have wanted a wrangler since 2001 when I got out of high school, but always went practical route. Now I am just getting what I love and holding onto it, taking care of it as long as possible.
Color is such a personal choice but typically modifications detract from value. That said get what you want and what is most practical. At the end of the day color is just part of the equation.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to pick up a Chief Blue Rubicon this week. Hard to find for sure, especially with a diesel. Planning mods now and will post pics soon.

In the meantime, check out this Chief Blue AEV that I just missed out on locally. (If you got it, ya stole it! Dealer had it priced like a lift and tires, not a $20k+ AEV conversion)

Jeep Wrangler JL CHIEF Blue Wrangler JL Club 3A4BBBC2-EF80-4D8A-B64D-4E4C7F877FBA
that’s a great find! And yes can’t even imagine finding a Chief rubi with diesel. Unicorn for sure.