My Jeep Journey (so far)

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 2022 JLUS Altitude
Hey everyone! Thanks to the many informative posts on this forum, I was able to track down a local dealer that got me 5-6% below invoice on a 2021 JLUR. I've been looking for a while, visited a few dealerships, but none were able to get me into one within my budget.

I had my eye on a 2020 Ocean Blue JLUR at a local dealership and decided to go and look at it. It had everything I wanted in it at the time, however, it wasn't meant to be. They lowballed the hell out of me on my trade in ($23,250. I was hoping for $24-25K). When all was said and done, they wouldn't budge from $51,350 OTD, which was about 4 grand more than I wanted to pay. This Rubicon had been sitting on the lot for months so I figured they might be ready to move it, but nope.

After washing my hands of that dealership, I decided to poke around on this forum and found a handy list of dealers who have been known to give good deals under invoice in the past. As it so happens, I live a 15 minute drive away from the only Nevada dealer on that list; Jim Marsh. I got in touch with the sales manager, Antonio, and told him that I'd seen his name in a few posts on the JL Wrangler forums as the guy to see for a good deal on a custom order. Right out of the gate, he offered me 6% below invoice (with tread lightly and financing through them) on a Rubicon built just the way I want it; Granite Crystal with a tow package, proximity keyless entry, and cold weather group (I know, its hot in Nevada most of the time...but it gets cold too!). I wanted remote start to begin with, which was $450, and since the cold weather group comes with remote start and I also get heated seats and steering wheel for an extra $400, I figured why not? I paid the $1,000 deposit yesterday, and now I'm waiting for the VIN and official POC. If it weren't for the helpful info I found here, I probably would have ended up paying a lot more for a Rubicon that wasn't built the way I wanted it. I've been seeing folks report that their orders were delivered within 4-8 weeks of ordering, so here's hoping I get lucky!
Sponsored

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger SRT
Congrats on finding a better deal by being patient and using the forum to your advantage!

I am currently shopping with a few dealers on the East Coast (all 7% below invoice and will do $500 military off in addition). Because of the savings, I figured I would add the cold weather group, but I'm told the convenience group is REQUIRED when adding cold weather. I think $400 (MSRP at least) is a waste of money for a remote garage door opener lol.

Does your build include the convenience group?

OP
OP
CrazyCatMan

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on finding a better deal by being patient and using the forum to your advantage!

I am currently shopping with a few dealers on the East Coast (all 7% below invoice and will do $500 military off in addition). Because of the savings, I figured I would add the cold weather group, but I'm told the convenience group is REQUIRED when adding cold weather. I think $400 (MSRP at least) is a waste of money for a remote garage door opener lol.

Does your build include the convenience group?
I believe the universal garage door opener is standard on Rubicons, which is what I ordered. I'm not sure why the convenience package would be required if adding the cold weather group to a build of any other trim.

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger SRT
I believe the universal garage door opener is standard on Rubicons, which is what I ordered. I'm not sure why the convenience package would be required if adding the cold weather group to a build of any other trim.
Gotcha that makes sense. I didn't know Rubicon had it standard. I am getting a Willys and it appears to be required to add if I go Cold Weather, but that makes sense how a Rubicon would have extra 'standard equip'. 7% off invoice price helps add other bells and whistles :)

OP
OP
CrazyCatMan

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha that makes sense. I didn't know Rubicon had it standard. I am getting a Willys and it appears to be required to add if I go Cold Weather, but that makes sense how a Rubicon would have extra 'standard equip'. 7% off invoice price helps add other bells and whistles :)
Thaat 5-6% off invoice definitely helps squeeze in some extra goodies. It wasn't enough to squeeze in an 8.4 inch navigation and alpine stereo package, but it did get me a tow package, remote keyless entry, and cold weather group and still keep me under $47,000. With the upgraded sound package I would've been closer to $49,000.
Sponsored