Sponsored

So: this just happened to my order

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Better not read some of the threads then - worst vehicle ever made, worst manufacturer ever, steering horrible, suspension horrible, aluminum corrosion unacceptable and only on Jeep (all cars with aluminum have it), and on and on. Reality is vast majority won't have any major problem.
“My new Jeep just caught fire and burned to the ground. Should I wait for insurance to take care of it or go ahead and place a new order now?”
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
“My new Jeep just caught fire and burned to the ground. Should I wait for insurance to take care of it or go ahead and place a new order now?”
Since insurance checks take 5 months to get to you but you can get your Jeep order in a matter of days might as well wait until the check arrives.

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
Since insurance checks take 5 months to get to you but you can get your Jeep order in a matter of days might as well wait until the check arrives.
My experience has been much better than that. *Thrice* in ~18 months I got payouts from insurance for totaled vehicles (thank goodness for GAP insurance) and all paid within 10 days of the event.

The first was due to a bent frame following a low-speed accident (not my fault) but the other two were a bit embarrassing.

I lived in an "historic loft conversion" (aka old paint factory) near the bayou. Parking was in the basement. If we got "just enough" rain in a short enough period, the basement would QUICKLY flood. I lost a Ford sedan (no tears) that way. Then a Jeep Renegade about 5 months later (disappointing). Inebriation only played a part in one. I think.
Sponsored