MSRP keeps going up, up, up!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Shortages + demand =

bad-grandpa-gif-1.gif
Ongoing supply chain challenges related to covid and "trade frictions" (i.e. tariffs) both are likely increasing manufacturing costs. Combine that with government helicopter money which likely contributes to consumer demand and we have an environment where consumer end-price increases are not surprising.
I think they were doing this long before shortages and shutdowns. Didn't the MSRP go up on the 2018 models by a couple hundred bucks halfway through the model year?
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I think they were doing this long before shortages and shutdowns. Didn't the MSRP go up on the 2018 models by a couple hundred bucks halfway through the model year?
The price went up at least twice for 2018s. I remember waiting for the order banks to open for two door Wranglers and Mojito paint. When the two door order banks opened, the price was increased. Then when I could finally order Mojito the price went up again.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
The MSRP on my '20 JLR went up about $600 between ordering in February '20 and delivery 4 weeks later.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I imagine the Wrangler is one Jeep's most profitable products. I am sure some materials have gone up but they aren't losing money them.

The 8.4 went $100 this year, I guarantee that the electronics components didn't increase that much, same goes for the LED lights. Since the beginning 2020 the 8.4 Radio and LED lights are both up $300. The technology group, Hard top are also up $300 too. Jeep is increasing the pricing of popular options. Safety, Advance safety, tow group, Full time 4WD, anti spin differential options haven't gone up at all, I rarely see those options on dealer lots. It still seem Like Jeep is selling every Jeep wrangler they make and aren't offered incentives on them. The demand is still there for Wranglers.

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Did your dealer not have you sign off on the price? I don't think any reputable dealer is going to increase the price after you have signed off on the agreed price. Mine went up $500 or so as well, but I signed when I ordered on the purchase price.
I'm waiting to see what the actual outcome becomes. I signed on the Configuration Preview and gave $1000 down.
The Configuration Preview does say, Note: This is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory.
I'll find out in probably less than two weeks how it all shakes out. I'm guessing it will all be fine but I also know I will walk away from the deal if I'm not satisfied with the outcome. (Which wouldn't be the deal I originally made)

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Have you guys priced a single 2x4 lately? Everything is going up. Global supply & demand is whacked across a whole bunch of industries. Not that I like it, but $650 increase on a $45,000 vehicle is 1.4% - less than most other areas.
Sponsored