MOPAR soft top window storage bag review

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
On the dual top group, is the freedom panel storage bag in the box that the premium soft top comes in? We put the box away until spring and haven’t opened it. We had no freedom panel bag in the Jeep when it was delivered. Hoping it’s in the box. If not, my dealer owes me a bag (wait, that doesn’t sound right).
Mine was packed in the back of the Jeep not the soft top box.
Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I ordered the bag with my 2019 JLUR premium soft top, and the windows and back window bar store perfectly in it. I gave up on the first try to make it fit behind the seats, but it fits perfectly strapped to the front side of the rear seats with the shoulder strap wrapped around the rear head rests. Not an ideal location for sure, so next time I’ll try to make it fit in the trunk.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I ordered the bag with my 2019 JLUR premium soft top, and the windows and back window bar store perfectly in it. I gave up on the first try to make it fit behind the seats, but it fits perfectly strapped to the front side of the rear seats with the shoulder strap wrapped around the rear head rests. Not an ideal location for sure, so next time I’ll try to make it fit in the trunk.
Put the bar back in the bracket...store bag behind rear seats

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I haven’t used my bag yet as I still have the hardtop on. According to the ditzy women in this video you need to place the bag in back in a certain way (around the 45 sec. mark). Again I haven’t tried it but I would like to know.

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Amazon has a Smittybilt storage bag for $49. I picked one up for my JLUR and both side windows fit fine with felt dividers and the back window fits when rolled in half - with a towel in between to keep the window slightly curled up to fit in the bag. Does the same thing the $140 Mopar bag does and I leave the rear window bar in the bracket - the soft top covers it when lowered. Lot of similar reviews for the cheaper Smittybilt bag if people want to save $100.

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
When I take the windows out, I leave the rear window "bar" on the bottom. Will this bar fit in the bag attached to the rear window? I just find it a lot faster to put the top back on with it already in place.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
When I take the windows out, I leave the rear window "bar" on the bottom. Will this bar fit in the bag attached to the rear window? I just find it a lot faster to put the top back on with it already in place.
No, it will not fit in the bag. You’re doing it correctly.

I updated original post with this info since it seems to be confusing people. Also shown in pictures in post #1.

Sponsored

jarvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Manual, 12 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
Do you or can you take a picture with all the windows in place? I couldn’t for the life of me get the rear window in and even the sides didn’t fit “well”. I’m sure it’s user error, but the dealer also couldn’t figure it out.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Do you or can you take a picture with all the windows in place? I couldn’t for the life of me get the rear window in and even the sides didn’t fit “well”. I’m sure it’s user error, but the dealer also couldn’t figure it out.
Post #1 has pictures.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Amazon has a Smittybilt storage bag for $49. I picked one up for my JLUR and both side windows fit fine with felt dividers and the back window fits when rolled in half - with a towel in between to keep the window slightly curled up to fit in the bag. Does the same thing the $140 Mopar bag does and I leave the rear window bar in the bracket - the soft top covers it when lowered. Lot of similar reviews for the cheaper Smittybilt bag if people want to save $100.
link?

jarvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Manual, 12 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
Post #1 has pictures.
I was actually looking for one with it open and how the windows fit in. The picture inside the bag doesn’t help much.