Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
  • Banned
Just some quick info about Mopar springs. Most everyone knows they are corner specific. Except maybe the dealer that installed mine. I have never in all my years let anyone install anything but tires on my Jeeps. This time the wife said, screw it. Let them do it. I complained but gave in.

I have noticed here and there without measuring, that it was leaning toward the pass side. I finally measured them today and sure enough, about 1/2” to 3/4 lower on the pass. Checked the springs and there it was. They had the rear springs on the wrong sides. I went ahead and did the swap real quick. One spring is taller than the other and after the swap, now it’s just about perfectly even.

Sorry for the long post, but if you’re having these problems and someone else installed, it’s probably wrong. All good now. It even seems to ride better too.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Ha. My wife is trying to talk me into letting a shop do the lift on her Gladiator. Not happening. Because of experiences like you just had. I’ll just wait a month or two till the temperature drops below that of hades here in Texas. I ain’t gonna lie though, not looking forward to those 190ft/lb control arms.

OP
OP
OnlyOne

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Ha. My wife is trying to talk me into letting a shop do the lift on her Gladiator. Not happening. Because of experiences like you just had. I’ll just wait a month or two till the temperature drops below that of hades here in Texas. I ain’t gonna lie though, not looking forward to those 190ft/lb control arms.
Yeah I’m getting older and that had a lot to do with having them do it, but I think I’ll just suffer through it next time. Of course next time will be in about a year or so. I’ll be adding a Gladiator myself to the mix. In the diesel form. Lol

How big a lift are you installing? Are you replacing the CA’s?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@OnlyOne

I think we’re going Evo 2.5” with the King shocks and 37” Trail Grapplers. Something like this. Pictured is Evo 2.5”, and 37” Toyos.

F6DEAB2F-F9BF-4202-9D57-F68DD43E2CA2.jpeg

OP
OP
OnlyOne

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
@OnlyOne

I think we’re going Evo 2.5” with the King shocks and 37” Trail Grapplers. Something like this.....

F6DEAB2F-F9BF-4202-9D57-F68DD43E2CA2.jpeg
That’s going to look sweet! I’m going to get a Bikini JT diesel. They gotta match. Haha

Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just thought I would throw this out to you since I see you live in the DFW area. Huffines jeep in Lewisville did an exceptional job on my JL Rubicon with the Mopar 2 inch lift. Great price plus gave me a lifetime warranty on it. No problems whatsoever. That’s also where I usually purchase my vehicles.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just thought I would throw this out to you since I see you live in the DFW area. Huffines jeep in Lewisville did an exceptional job on my JL Rubicon with the Mopar 2 inch lift. Great price plus gave me a lifetime warranty on it. No problems whatsoever. That’s also where I usually purchase my vehicles.
Thanks. I have had good sales experiences there, but, I prefer to do my own work. At least, till I get too old to do it.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
$3k for a decent 2 post lift will pay for itself quickly in the amount of work you'll complete, the amount of wear 'n tear on your body you'll save, and reduced insurance co-pays.

Not kidding, the ROI is real.

You wouldn't prepare a meal at a kitchen counter that's 2' high, you wouldn't sit in an office chair with poor lumbar support, you wouldn't stand on concrete all day without quality boots and anti- fatigue mats

I know some can't afford a lift and some can't fit one but many simply need to shift their thinking: it's less of a luxury and more of a safety/ergonomics thing. Seriously - if you want to complete your own work

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
$3k for a decent 2 post lift will pay for itself quickly in the amount of work you'll complete, the amount of wear 'n tear on your body you'll save, and reduced insurance co-pays.

Not kidding, the ROI is real.

You wouldn't prepare a meal at a kitchen counter that's 2' high, you wouldn't sit in an office chair with poor lumbar support, you wouldn't stand on concrete all day without quality boots and anti- fatigue mats

I know some can't afford a lift and some can't fit one but many simply need to shift their thinking: it's less of a luxury and more of a safety/ergonomics thing. Seriously - if you want to complete your own work
Huh?