Sponsored

Missing Firewall Plug (Name that part number)

evinrude1846

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara 4x4 JL
Occupation
Software Engineer
Back Story
I was installing a trailer brake controller the other day on my 2018 JLU Sahara. It has the factory tow package, so I did not need to fish wires through the firewall. However, while I was under the driver's side dash I noticed a large hole in the firewall. i could see right through it. Figured this was not right, so I went to the dealer, 2 of them actually. I tried to order the plug thinking that it just fell out while I was off-roading. They ordered just about every body plug that shows up in their system. All of them wrong.

I looked around the internet for clues and I found this YouTube video of some guy showing how easy it is to fish wires through a JLUR firewall.

I know what it looks like now, but the dealer still does not know what the part number is. Does anyone know what this part number is so I can order it?
Jeep Wrangler JL Missing Firewall Plug (Name that part number) {filename}

Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Mine was missing also. Dealer was unable to order. I went to the hardware store and bought 2 metal and 1 rubber 1.5" washers, a .75" long bolt and nylon nut and plugged the hole. Put 1 metal and the rubber washer in the engine compartment and the 2nd metal washer on the inside. Cost me $2.00 to fix. I'm sure that is a lot less than the plastic plug would be at the dealer if the could order it.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
That’s pretty sad when FCA doesn’t provide its dealers with the necessary tools to order correct parts. I’ve researched the mopar parts website and can’t find it either. Mopar’s parts website is horrible!

How hard is it for FCA to provide complete exploded views and part numbers for every part that makes up a Jeep, so its dealers can order the correct part?

OP
OP
evinrude1846

evinrude1846

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara 4x4 JL
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks like FCA updated their system. I was able to order the firewall plug this week.

The part number is 68336758AC PLUG-DASH.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
is this why water goes in through the dash when it rains hard and fills the passenger side footwell?

Sponsored

OP
OP
evinrude1846

evinrude1846

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara 4x4 JL
Occupation
Software Engineer
is this why water goes in through the dash when it rains hard and fills the passenger side footwell?
No, this plug is located right next to the brake master cylinder on the drivers side.

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
No, this plug is located right next to the brake master cylinder on the drivers side.
Keep in mind that water can get through this plug. When installing a dashcam, I drilled a hole through that plug to run wires through. During a heavy rainstorm, water got through the small hole in the plug and pooled on the floor. I did a test with a hose and verified water was coming from that hole. I sealed it with RTV silicone and no more leaks.
Sponsored