Sponsored

Military Autosource Orders

Large Tuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
So I ordered my 2019 JLUR through Military Autosource on the first day the dealer had the vehicle available to order (21 September). Sitting at 3 weeks without a VON! It has been so frustrating reading all the posts about folks who order and get a VON, and even VINs the same day...So jealous!
Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I ordered my Challenger with them about 1.5 years ago and will agree, the whole situation was a cluster even with the guy being a family friend of my wife. Constantly having to get with them, then I got a contact at their HQ and then she quit a couple weeks later!

I thought I would check with them on pricing for new JLs just to see, not even competitive with the 6% under invoice members are getting here. I told the guy as much and he said he would only meet the price if I gave them the actual quote paperwork from the dealer with that price.

That told me that they really aren’t offering military members good pricing, just convenience of ordering on base. A little homework and it is easy to beat their price without jumping through hoops.

I told the guy no thanks, if I had to do all that to get a good price, it tells me they aren’t someone I wished to deal with again.

I’ll just order once we find out where we PCS back Stateside to next year

OP
OP

Large Tuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Nomad,

Unfortunately, I wont be returning to the states anytime soon. The prices arent too far off when considering no taxes. With the 6% off that most are getting, a lot of states will equal the same price after tax/title/licensing. If I were in the states, I would travel anywhere to get the best deal, but that is not an option for me. The main issue is how long it is taking to just get a VIN! Seems crazy to me!

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Nomad,

Unfortunately, I wont be returning to the states anytime soon. The prices arent too far off when considering no taxes. With the 6% off that most are getting, a lot of states will equal the same price after tax/title/licensing. If I were in the states, I would travel anywhere to get the best deal, but that is not an option for me. The main issue is how long it is taking to just get a VIN! Seems crazy to me!
May be better off contacting their main office to get the VIN if the MAS dealer isn’t helping out.

You are lucky, in Puerto Rico I still would have had to pay taxes on it. There is a one time exemption that you can get if you are military but you still have to pay the taxes up front and then jump through the refund hoops. We did it with my wife’s Raptor. Paid little over $8k cash for the taxes then took about 2 months to do all we had to do for the refund. That’s why I just shipped and registered my Challenger back home in TX and then just shipped it over. The other pain is getting it off this island when we leave

OP
OP

Large Tuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Week 8 (57 days) and still no VIN. MAS is definitely not in a hurry.
Sponsored