MAY LEASE NUMBERS

nola22

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 JKU willys
Keep in mind some of the independent lease programs (ALLY, US Bank, etc) have a max MSRP for residual. For CCAP lease 65% residual means 65% of the actual MSRP, but the others will have a max MSRP value for calculating residual. So if you grab a sport that is fully loaded at 45k MSRP they may only calculate a residual value on 40k, so those extra 5k in options you are paying for in full (not just the depreciated value of them) and of course paying interest on as well. I would never advocate throwing money down on a lease because it doesn't make financial sense, but in this carse if you are hell bent on leasing and using 3rd party, this would be an example where putting money down and essentially paying for those options up front would make sense to avoid paying 5%+ interest on the full value.

Case in point, make sure you compare dollar for dollar with CCAP lease vs an Ally or US Bank when you are running in the high dollar amount for that trimline. Just because a base sport may lease better with Ally vs CCAP, doesn't mean the highly optioned sport wont.

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Just finished my lease on JLUR. Was a 48/12. 66% residual for auto transmission. And .00193 MF top tier credit. $895 acquisition fee. So looks like residual came down a tiny bit over last month and residual is down 2% from last month.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
wondering if the MF changes with a 36/12? I got one at 36/12 with 68% residual. MF I got was 0.00266.

I signed the docs but the vehicle is still in transit and I don't take delivery til next week - Can I go back to the dealership and ask to revisit that MF or is it too late? Mine is crazy high compared to yours!

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think, but don’t quote me, in most states you don’t have a contract until you have a product and take delivery. What if it gets delayed and you don’t pick up until June? Think the dealer will give you the same residual if it drops?

Sponsored

wootloops

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be JLUR
Just finished my lease on JLUR. Was a 48/12. 66% residual for auto transmission. And .00193 MF top tier credit. $895 acquisition fee. So looks like residual came down a tiny bit over last month and residual is down 2% from last month.
Hey Jim, our dealer is telling us that the Ashley's MF is .00235 because she has a 704 score and is considered "Tier 2"... From your experience (and based on your score) do you suspect that sounds right or are they marking the rate up?

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jim, our dealer is telling us that the Ashley's MF is .00235 because she has a 704 score and is considered "Tier 2"... From your experience (and based on your score) do you suspect that sounds right or are they marking the rate up?
We were both tier 1 but before they ran our credit I asked my dealer what qualified at tier one and he said at 700+ they can request a tier bump from Chrysler Capital if it comes back below tier 1. I don’t know how that works to be honest and what factors are involved or how may times a dealer can do that. But it’s worth an ask to your dealer.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
wondering if the MF changes with a 36/12? I got one at 36/12 with 68% residual. MF I got was 0.00266.

I signed the docs but the vehicle is still in transit and I don't take delivery til next week - Can I go back to the dealership and ask to revisit that MF or is it too late? Mine is crazy high compared to yours!
Yes
I think, but don’t quote me, in most states you don’t have a contract until you have a product and take delivery. What if it gets delayed and you don’t pick up until June? Think the dealer will give you the same residual if it drops?
yes you shoukd not of signed docs until Jeep is at dealer

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes on the RV but that's what keeps your payments low. If you like it keep it at the end! You are not paying more for it, just later rather than sooner.
What some of the leese payments on Rubicon can you guys post your deals

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the payment

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Is it better to have high residual in a leese
That depends. If all you want is a low payment, then yes. In my opinion, if you are leasing, you are a payment buyer and a higher RV is good.

The downside to a higher RV is that if you decide to buy out the lease at the end of the term, you have a higher buyout price. If you’re planning to buy the vehicle, though, a lease is probably not the best way to start.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree but given new loan rates for 60 months are still around 1.99% and some banks, mostly credit unions, will go to 72 for the 1.99%, I don't see how Chrysler Capital doesn't lower the MF. It was high originally because of the higher residual. The Wrangler is one of the easiest leases given they hold their value. Chrysler Capital or Ally would be foolish not to adjust. If they don't they lose the deals to finance contracts and no one is using CC or Ally to finance. Leasing only makes sense when MF is low or residual is high. When both suck, financing is the way to go. Just one mans opinion....
True