DCloss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Sarge Green
It would be cool if someone with Ally or USBank info posted the numbers :like:
I just closed on a lease about a week ago (so late April) with Ally. MF was HIGH, .003 which is 7.2%. But I was not Tier 1 credit. However the RV was 74% on a 36/12k for a JLU Sahara. It was actually cheaper than the equivalent lease from CC, by more than a few dollars.

Obviously, given the high RV and MF, I'll be turning the Sahara in after those 36 months. Which is a bummer, I wanted some flexibility in the lease to buy it out. I also bought off the lot since I wanted a mid-loaded Sahara (EIS, LED, Trailer Tow, Cold, Hardtop) and this one had the pre-increase MSRP and Destination.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
I just closed on a lease about a week ago (so late April) with Ally. MF was HIGH, .003 which is 7.2%. But I was not Tier 1 credit. However the RV was 74% on a 36/12k for a JLU Sahara. It was actually cheaper than the equivalent lease from CC, by more than a few dollars.

Obviously, given the high RV and MF, I'll be turning the Sahara in after those 36 months. Which is a bummer, I wanted some flexibility in the lease to buy it out. I also bought off the lot since I wanted a mid-loaded Sahara (EIS, LED, Trailer Tow, Cold, Hardtop) and this one had the pre-increase MSRP and Destination.
Any chance you want to take one for the team and ask your dealer for this months numbers for the JLUR lol

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I leased mine on April 13th. We agreed on terms, I signed, took the keys, and left. A few days later the dealership called me. Said that the residual value has changed in the time between my signing and the bank processing the paperwork and that it would result in adding a few bucks per month to my payment. I would need to come back in and sign updated paperwork.

I complained, since we had a signed contract, so the dealership ended up agreeing to eat the cost difference and allow me to keep my agreed upon monthly payment. However, the residual value was still going to be dropped almost $1,000 and I still needed to sign new paperwork so the bank would process it.

Since I don't plan to turn the Jeep in at the end of lease and walk away, this actually worked out in my favor because I'll be able to buy the Jeep for less later.

This thread makes me wonder if FCA was jacking around with rates around the time I was doing my deal? Maybe that's how all this happened. The pricing is getting so stupid on Wrangler that this will likely be the last new one I'll ever have.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

gex598

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Dealer didnt want to budge on the lease numbers so I ended up financing it, picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Congrats, @gex598!

For those still considering a lease, I have not done a lease before but I recommend asking your dealer who all they lease with. Then call the leasing agencies (banks, credit unions) to get their numbers directly from them. And let your dealer know you got the numbers. Two example numbers I’ve gotten for May (JLU Sahara, 15k miles on 36 mos):

•MRM of $52,600
•RV of 67% (down from 69% last month)
•MF of .00165 and .00152 (up from .00150 last month)

The next step is to discuss with my dealer and get them to honor these numbers (they will want to mark up the MF, of course, to make money).

Like I said, I haven’t done a lease before, so take what I say with a grain of salt :)

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, @gex598!

For those still considering a lease, I have not done a lease before but I recommend asking your dealer who all they lease with. Then call the leasing agencies (banks, credit unions) to get their numbers directly from them. And let your dealer know you got the numbers. Two example numbers I’ve gotten for May (JLU Sahara, 15k miles on 36 mos):

•MRM of $52,600
•RV of 67% (down from 69% last month)
•MF of .00165 and .00152 (up from .00150 last month)

The next step is to discuss with my dealer and get them to honor these numbers (they will want to mark up the MF, of course, to make money).

Like I said, I haven’t done a lease before, so take what I say with a grain of salt :)
What bank was that?

I tried to call Ally but the person from overseas asked for my SSN when I tried to explain I didn’t have an account she told me I needed to talk to the dealer :angry:

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
What bank was that?

I tried to call Ally but the person from overseas asked for my SSN when I tried to explain I didn’t have an account she told me I needed to talk to the dealer :angry:
Those are credit unions.

Honestly, unless you’re at the same dealership as me, it won’t matter which institution or what numbers I get - you’ll want to ask your dealer who all they work with for leases. Get the list from them, then start calling everyone on that list directly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are credit unions.

Honestly, unless you’re at the same dealership as me, it won’t matter which institution or what numbers I get - you’ll want to ask your dealer who all they work with for leases. Get the list from them, then start calling everyone on that list directly.
Got ya. Curious if you got numbers for Ally or USBank?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Got ya. Curious if you got numbers for Ally or USBank?
I did not, haven’t called them as neither were mentioned by my dealer. If you call to get numbers, would you mind posting them here?

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not, haven’t called them as neither were mentioned by my dealer. If you call to get numbers, would you mind posting them here?
Absolutely. I will be on the phone for the next week (Jeep due 5/8-5/12) trying to get numbers. I will post whatever I get.

wootloops

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be JLUR
For what it's worth, I called my dealer today and asked about the may lease rates. The salesman checked with his finance manager and he confirmed that our JLUR lease was going to be around $20/month more expensive than originally planned. Not good, but hopefully that's all it is.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)

Yes on the RV but that's what keeps your payments low. If you like it keep it at the end! You are not paying more for it, just later rather than sooner.
Sponsored