Sponsored

Manufacturer supply frustrations

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Just got this from ARB regarding the dual compressor:
Best to get in line with either 4 wheel parts or premier performance/northridge 4x4. They are trickling in, but the backorder volume on this item is 1000x more then ever before. We literally have thousands on backorder and that list keeps growing. 4wp and premier do a good job of placing large stock orders for batches of these items, so they will be your best bet. If you sent me a new order today, I would say you would be at least a year out at this point. We cannot physically manufacture these fast enough to keep up with demand, so that backorder list just keeps growing and growing..

It's gotten very frustrating trying to get anything at this point. ARB Compressors nowhere to be found and back ordered indefinitely. American Adventure Labs is months behind on orders....still waiting on table. KC supposedly will have stock on gravity pro in June but who knows. I do work in manufacturing, our plants are humming along and have been since last summer. Problem doesn't seem to be production in U.S. but overseas suppliers. Very frustrating and should be a lesson to all these companies about supply chain.
Sponsored

21SargeJLUR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge Green
as someone who works for a manufacturer of sporting goods and imports lots of goods, i can tell you there are delays at EVERY Level of the supply chain.
Raw Material Supply
Demand on factories so much that production times are much longer
Boat capacity leaving asia
Once boats get to Long Beach/LA port, takes weeks to get in line to unload. Then delays on getting on rail out of LA.
Trucking delays.
Currency fluctuation due US printing money makes it less valuable vs China $$ Price increases
Freight costs are SKYROCKETING. FULL ships mean more expensive container costs.
Very little space available for Air Freight due limited passenger flight schedules between US and Asia.
My job is in sales, but i dont spend any time selling, i spend my time looking at inventory flow, determining who can get what... allocating out what we get in.
I know its frustrating when you want something that is in short supply as I live that every day. its crazy.
Our company is European owned and we get some product from Europe as well. Same delays there as well.

BEST THING we can do as Americans is try to buy as much american made as possible these days!