Manuel Trans to Auto Trans

Rahz

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Recently purchased a 2007 Wrangler JK that is flawless in every way but one. It was bought for a present to my wife. PROBLEM-Wife is nervous driving a stick. Is a swap worth it? What’s all actually needed to do this?
Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Recently purchased a 2007 Wrangler JK that is flawless in every way but one. It was bought for a present to my wife. PROBLEM-Wife is nervous driving a stick. Is a swap worth it? What’s all actually needed to do this?
So, you want to swap the little Hispanic guy changing gears in your Jeep for an automatic transmission?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
You mean, swap the trans in the actual Jeep? Way too much work and $$$. You're better off selling the Jeep and buying an auto.

...or keep this Jeep for yourself and get another one for your wife. 😈

Last edited:

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
It can be done, but in the end it will be easier and cheaper to sell the manual and buy an auto.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Just thinking out loud.
Sorry, I was just being a jerk at your expense. What is so great about this particular Jeep that you would be willing to go to all that trouble? Is it a procedure you can perform yourself? I did it once in a ‘70 Challenger, but that was a lifetime ago, on a relatively easy car to make that change. I would never consider it now. I am sure you will get lots of advice on how to do it here…

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Sorry, I was just being a jerk at your expense.
I wouldn't feel too bad, I know at least one other person who thought pretty much the same thing you did when I first read it. It has kind of a duel meaning.😎
Sponsored

Last edited: