Long Arm Question

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel
What is the main difference performance wise on the 4 link long arm and lock and load long arm?
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
What is the main difference performance wise on the 4 link long arm and lock and load long arm?
Radius arms up front will allow a significant amount of flex over a 4 link. It removes the upper control arm binding that happens at full droop. This is compared to rubber bushings. Most aftermarket systems will use joints that will allow the full use of the shock you choose without binding. Their long arm will function nearly as well. The radius arm will allow a bind free arc of the axle. You'd be good either way. I'd keep all 8 arms for a rig that's 99% street.

OP
OP

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel
Radius arms up front will allow a significant amount of flex over a 4 link. It removes the upper control arm binding that happens at full droop. This is compared to rubber bushings. Most aftermarket systems will use joints that will allow the full use of the shock you choose without binding. Their long arm will function nearly as well. The radius arm will allow a bind free arc of the axle. You'd be good either way. I'd keep all 8 arms for a rig that's 99% street.
That helps me narrow it down some. I can definitely understand the difference in bind. Knowing that I want to wheel the jeep and be able to drive it cross country the axle being attached to the frame at two points over for made me wonder what would best suit my plan.
Sponsored