rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
was thinking about Line X for my new LOD bumper that i ordered in bare metal and should be here next week.

What are the pros and cons of Line X or powder coat.
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
was thinking about Line X for my new LOD bumper that i ordered in bare metal and should be here next week.

What are the pros and cons of Line X or powder coat.
I found it was hard to clean the bed for my truck (that was factory rhino lined) when I got muddy. The mud always left a light residue of dirt that didn't go away without using a brush because of all the texture.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Line-X has both bumpy and smooth coatings and comes in any color you desire. Line-x is a protective coating that actually makes the item stronger than without it. Powder coating is a semi protective coating in that it can prevent some metals from premature rust if not scratched. Powder coating is more of a cosmetic thing.

I believe the LOD step already has a texture to it. And considering its a step, a smooth finish could lead to slipping off when wet, I would go with the bumpy version of linex. It can hold up with no problem to the wear and tear of a step. If you are concerned with dirt on the step...it will come off easily with power washer but in most cases just a simple rinse does the trick.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Line-X has both bumpy and smooth coatings and comes in any color you desire. Line-x is a protective coating that actually makes the item stronger than without it. Powder coating is a semi protective coating in that it can prevent some metals from premature rust if not scratched. Powder coating is more of a cosmetic thing.

I believe the LOD step already has a texture to it. And considering its a step, a smooth finish could lead to slipping off when wet, I would go with the bumpy version of linex. It can hold up with no problem to the wear and tear of a step. If you are concerned with dirt on the step...it will come off easily with power washer but in most cases just a simple rinse does the trick.
I agree, a step is probably a good spot. He asked about a bumper though. It's still a good option but I'd go with something else, personally.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
missed the bumper part.....was thinking step. You can always go with their smooth armor coat. Look like paint. My goal is saving up to linex the entire jeep so i am probably a bit partial.

Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
missed the bumper part.....was thinking step. You can always go with their smooth armor coat. Look like paint. My goal is saving up to linex the entire jeep so i am probably a bit partial.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

- the stuff works!11

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Did you end up adding Line X to your bumper?
Sponsored