Sponsored

Line X

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Lined the inside of my TJ with them. I pulled the carpet and with that setup, I was able to spend my summer topless/doorless without stressing about downpours while I was at work.
(Vehicle was In the garage at night)

Great price and great experience.....15 years ago

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I used them on my last 2 truck beds. works great.

my take is that it is all pretty similar. the important part is the prep.

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
I have had a positive experience with Line-x. I have used it for truck beds as well as the inside of two different jeeps.

If you are going topless and plan on seeing a lot of mud and water, then its a good investment.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
One thing you might want to know is that Line-X and almost all other bedliners are very toxic. I'd caution against doing anything other than a dedicated, uncovered cargo area on a vehicle in it.

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Lined the inside of my TJ with them. I pulled the carpet and with that setup, I was able to spend my summer topless/doorless without stressing about downpours while I was at work.
(Vehicle was In the garage at night)

Great price and great experience.....15 years ago
I also lined my 1997 TJ back in the day. It was simpler back then. Pull the carpet and spray. I believe the new JLs have so much under the carpet that going "bare" is almost impossible. There's too much wiring and venting. My .02

UniqueUserName

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Wrangler YJ, 2022 JLUR-XR
I put it in my truck bed three years ago. I had them spray the platinum version and it honestly looks the same today as the day they put it on. No fade, no visible wear, nothing. I absolutely would use them again.

I had it done while I was in the process of moving from the Houston area to Colorado and there were some significant regional differences in the franchises. Both were very helpful and very candid over the phone. I would have been confident dealing with either. They also knew each other by name. The difference was that the Colorado franchisee's price for the middle line product was slightly more than the Houston franchisee's price for the Platinum grade. The Colorado Franchisee said he has no call for the platinum grade and doesn't even install it. He thought it was overkill for a private use pickup. I guess the Houston Franchisee gets a lot of oil field and industrial installations so it's a regular thing for him. I went with the Houston franchise and am completely happy with what I got.

Funny story: When I dropped the truck off, the shop manager, who was also doing my installation was a woman. As I was about to leave, I wanted to confirm that they knew what service/product I wanted to be installed so I asked what in hindsight was a poorly phrased question "So, you know what you're doing, right?". She took that as me questioning her competence, ostensibly, because she was female and let me know in no uncertain terms that she knew her business. I had to do some backpedaling and better explain what I was actually asking. It was clear to me within the first minute that the person I was talking to knew her business, so to me, her competence had never been in doubt. It's easy to sometimes be oblivious about what people may have to deal with day-in/day-out and how that affects how they may perceive what we believe to be an innocent comment or question. At least she made it clear to me so that I could rectify the misunderstanding.

OP
OP
EZPower

EZPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Thats exactly what I would like to do, plus the plastic fenders.
Can I ask how long it took them to do that? getting a general time line to figure out the timing in my future schedule.

Sponsored

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Yep, works great... have used them on numerous vehicles since it first came out. There's been much product improvement as far as fading goes over the last few years.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I also lined my 1997 TJ back in the day. It was simpler back then. Pull the carpet and spray. I believe the new JLs have so much under the carpet that going "bare" is almost impossible. There's too much wiring and venting. My .02
most of it is tucked away nicely. The Jeep gets the Brazilian treatment when it’s topless season.
Sponsored