Light wiring question

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
So my wife got me a set of rock lights and I'm attempting to hook them to an aux switch instead of using the one that is attached to the wiring harness that came with them. I'm not really sure how to eliminate the little switch that came on the harness. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

20190815_090111.jpg
Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
There's going to be two wires, well paths for electricity, inside the wire that you have marked as "To light". In theory, you can simply cut that wire off and splice it in to the Aux Switch circuit.

I am editing my previous reply!

I just went out to pickup my son, on the golf cart, and realized that I have done exactly this project, I had a 110/12v transformer going to the control box on the LED's, so I cut of the the wire and spliced it into a 12V +/- pair.

As I tend to keep everything, I rummaged around in my garage and found the old transformer, so snapped a couple of pic of what I had to do.

The end of the wire, after being cut, this particular one houses two wires inside:
IMG_1750.jpeg

Then, using a good pair of wire strippers, I stripped off the outer layer of insulation:
IMG_1751.jpeg

Now you can connect these to your aux switches.

I don't have Aux switches, but from what I have read, they are fused, to no need to keep the fuse in line, as LEDs (which I presume you got) don't really draw that many amps, you can use one of the lower rated switches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluebeast

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Awesome thanks! I dont have aux switches YET! :)I'm staring out my window waiting for the UPS guy to show up, then I'll have 6.
Sponsored