Sponsored

Let's Talk Tires. 35's, to Be Specific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
They’re not the same tire. The 315 is smaller per their specs and will fit a narrower wheel. Not a huge difference between them but a difference none the less.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
They’re not the same tire. The 315 is smaller per their specs and will fit a narrower wheel. Not a huge difference between them but a difference none the less.
Fair enough. IIRC it’s a 0.5” difference in supported wheel width? Seems like the cost in overhead to manage and maintain both sizes of tires would offset the revenue gains. Obviously I don’t actually know :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Yeah I can’t say I understand the business model either. My wild ass guess would be they sell more of the 315 as that’s a more familiar naming scheme to buyers and purveyors alike and 9.5 in wide wheels are more popular than 10in wide so they can sell it for less simply because the quantity while those looking for a 35 may pay slightly more.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
I'm leaning toward the KO2's, but I've heard the Terra Grapplers are great. I don't think you could go wrong either way. My preference for the KO2's is based on ownership of KO's, KM's, and KM2's. All have been outstanding, on and off the road. It is also based on a guy named Dan Grec, who is doing a 2 year 80,000 mile trek around Africa. he's running 34" KO2's on a JK Rubicon, and he said they have been amazing. He's run roads, gravel, dirt, thick mud, and sand. Some of the roads have been in horrible condition. I asked him about his tires and he sent me a note saying they've exceeded his expectations and that he'd choose them again. That testimonial probably went the furthest for me.

He's driven 21,000 miles on them, so far. His story is fascenating. It can be found here: http://theroadchoseme.com/media-contact
Did you get your Jeep/tires yet? I’m considering the same. Just spoke with my dealer, and they are willing to switch me out to the 35 ko2. I’m not planning a lift for a while, but thought this would be a good first step since the Rubi can handle 35’s w/o lift.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get your Jeep/tires yet? I’m considering the same. Just spoke with my dealer, and they are willing to switch me out to the 35 ko2. I’m not planning a lift for a while, but thought this would be a good first step since the Rubi can handle 35’s w/o lift.
Yep, about 2k miles on them now. I love them! I'd send a pic, but I'm in Italy and can't easily do it.

Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Yep, about 2k miles on them now. I love them! I'd send a pic, but I'm in Italy and can't easily do it.
Wow, that’s a good reason! Hopefully, you’re there for vacation. Can you give me some more detail on the on-road ride? Have you ever owned a Jeep previously to compare it to? I’m interested to know if I’m taking a hit on-road getting the 35’s vs just running stock. Thanks!

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that’s a good reason! Hopefully, you’re there for vacation. Can you give me some more detail on the on-road ride? Have you ever owned a Jeep previously to compare it to? I’m interested to know if I’m taking a hit on-road getting the 35’s vs just running stock. Thanks!
Ive had two Jeeps, a 93 and still have my 08, which is on the new 18's 285s. The JL was has best ride of all. It had slightly more stiffness with the 315s, but with the Mopar lift, is softer and smoother than the stock Rubicon setup, as I remember it.

It is kind of a working vacation. I'm on a tour with students and some of my own kids. Having a blast! I've seen 5 JK Wranglers in and around Rome.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Ive had two Jeeps, a 93 and still have my 08, which is on the new 18's 285s. The JL was has best ride of all. It had slightly more stiffness with the 315s, but with the Mopar lift, is softer and smoother than the stock Rubicon setup, as I remember it.

It is kind of a working vacation. I'm on a tour with students and some of my own kids. Having a blast! I've seen 5 JK Wranglers in and around Rome.
Thanks Dan, that was helpful. Safe travels!

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red

Oh, one more question... what psi are you running?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running about 34 but will go to 30 when I get a programmer and can knock the tpms warning down to 25 or so.

Sponsored

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
I'm running about 34 but will go to 30 when I get a programmer and can knock the tpms warning down to 25 or so.
Dan, you still happy with the way 6speed manual pulls your 35’s. Getting closer to mine getting here april 15-20. We have quite a few hills in south west pa. Just like to know i can keep up with traffic.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, you still happy with the way 6speed manual pulls your 35’s. Getting closer to mine getting here april 15-20. We have quite a few hills in south west pa. Just like to know i can keep up with traffic.
Oh yeah. The more miles, the better I'm liking it. The engine really started to wake up at 2k miles. I'm at 2700 now, so it should free up even more over the next 10k to 15k miles. I could not be happier with it.

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
Oh yeah. The more miles, the better I'm liking it. The engine really started to wake up at 2k miles. I'm at 2700 now, so it should free up even more over the next 10k to 15k miles. I could not be happier with it.
Good deal. I appreciate the info.

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
D0765670-7D1D-4576-928D-ADFA364C3E00.jpeg
i like this guys set up, but wheel and tires look heavy. They 35’s. My top is black though.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
D0765670-7D1D-4576-928D-ADFA364C3E00.jpeg
i like this guys set up, but wheel and tires look heavy. They 35’s. My top is black though.
Agreed, this looks good. Which wheels are those?

I ordered the same tires yesterday.
Sponsored