LED Tail Light Left Turn Signal Warning

akm313

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
So I recently purchased some aftermarket LED tail lights. I know I know it’s not the best option to go with other then OEM but these were identical and blacked out! Anyways I plugged them in and hooked up the resistor and everything was fine for 2 weeks then I started getting the “Left turn signal light out” on the dash. I took it apart and plugged everything back in and nothing. The turn signal doesn’t work at all and even the brake light is super dim. I realized I have the trailer harness hooked up to the left tail light. I unplugged the trailer harness and plugged the LED tail light directly to the car and now the left tail light works fine. I think there’s something in the harness that’s preventing the LED tail light from working properly. Is there an extra resistor or fuse or something i can connect so the tail lights still work when the trailer harness is connected?
Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
I have the Raxiom's and they are fine. I have LED's on my trailer too, and all is well. What set did you go with?

G.

OP
OP
akm313

akm313

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
I have the Raxiom's and they are fine. I have LED's on my trailer too, and all is well. What set did you go with?

G.
Supree ones on Amazon. They are cheap but it’s not the tail light that’s the problem. When I connect them directly to the car plug they work fine, it’s only when i have the harness connected they don’t work. I even put my factory tail lights back on and they only work when they’re plugged in direct without that trailer harness in between them. I must’ve burnt something in that trailer harness because the connection from there is the issue.