Sponsored

Leather Patch Jeep Hats ... maybe ..

Would you be interested in one of these hats if offered?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
FCA has almost everything involved with Jeep trademarked it seems. so the grill etc. I probably can't do or I will get a cease and desist from them. Kind of skirting it a little by having the silhouette attached to "Jeep". So the argument could be made that it is all one image and not the word … which may or may not fly.
Bummer:( I really like the grill:like:
Can you do just the writing JEEP and maybe in script? Sorry I don't know about all the trademark stuff.
Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Could you offer just the patch no hat? Or with a Velcro backer?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Bummer:( I really like the grill:like:
Can you do just the writing JEEP and maybe in script? Sorry I don't know about all the trademark stuff.
Honestly I don't understand all of the trademark stuff either. From what I can figure out, A trademark holder does not own the mark – they own the right to use the mark to sell goods or services. FCA has trademarked the Jeep logo as well as the grill logo and several variations to be used not only on their vehicles but almost every other consumer product you can think of. If my marks are similar, then Jeep can say that my image is causing confusion to customers thinking that it is an actual Jeep product and I am profiting from it. Oddly enough, it seems as that they have let all Willys Overland trademarks expire several years ago and never renewed them.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
OK, here are a few additional patch designs. These still need some tweaks, but you get can get the idea. Let me know which ones you like or don't like

20190724_164754 (2).jpg

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
OK, here are a few additional patch designs. These still need some tweaks, but you get can get the idea. Let me know which ones you like or don't like

20190724_164754 (2).jpg
My wife likes the top right patch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Prefer mesh trucker hats over full cotton ones that don't breath.
Must full cottons are also too small.
Tend to agree with you regarding the snapback hats generally run larger. I have a large melon myself (7 5/8 - 7 3/4). The first sample hats I got fit me fine (although it was adjusted out almost all the way) I have some other sample hats coming tomorrow, which I feel will run smaller. I may get a couple of snap back hats to try as well

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Tend to agree with you regarding the snapback hats generally run larger. I have a large melon myself (7 5/8 - 7 3/4). The first sample hats I got fit me fine (although it was adjusted out almost all the way) I have some other sample hats coming tomorrow, which I feel will run smaller. I may get a couple of snap back hats to try as well
Most trucker hats from Orvis fit my melon head and are most comfortable....Maybe you could find out their manufacture...Or at least hook yourself up with one :)

Endless Sky is my goto hat.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 3.55.25 PM.png

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Most trucker hats from Orvis fit my melon head and are most comfortable....Maybe you could find out their manufacture...Or at least hook yourself up with one :)

Endless Sky is my goto hat.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 3.55.25 PM.png
Looks like a Richardson 110 or 112 hat, oddly enough the company that apparently makes the Richardson hats is one of them that I am talking with

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

20190724_164754 (2).jpg
I like the Jeep Girl with the flower (other one is cool, too). I prefer the oval patch without the border. Or a rectangle without the border.

PS: I don’t have any trucker hats, but would get one of these.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I like the Jeep Girl with the flower (other one is cool, too). I prefer the oval patch without the border. Or a rectangle without the border.

PS: I don’t have any trucker hats, but would get one of these.
Thanks for the feedback .. p.s.the borders are just there on some so I could kind of judge where I would need to do the stitch line
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.