Just another thread about delays...

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
According to jeep chat there are no delays on my order but it’s been 3 weeks and I still do not have a vin or build date yet...

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm posting in as many threads as I can to help calm down everyone.

I was at the end of the road with Jeep, to the point I requested my deposit back. I called, chatted, text my dealer nearly daily trying to figure out why my Jeep was in Ohio (KZ for weeks) and not on it's way to Florida. Well, low and behold the day I go to the dealer to pick up my check, they tell me it showed up the night before on a truck. They tracked it to make sure they weren't going crazy and the system showed it still in Ohio.

Do not let Jeep Chat or the dealer get you down, Jeep is shipping these things and not scanning them anywhere along the path.

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Schmeegz and I are in the same boat, ordered within 2 days of each other with very similar builds, except I like to think of it as Patriot Blue not Buffalo Bills Blue...lol

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
According to jeep chat there are no delays on my order but it’s been 3 weeks and I still do not have a vin or build date yet...
That's weird. I ordered March 9th. I have a VIN and D1 status.

Red Rubi, with premium soft top and cold Wx package.

Sponsored

JacquieK

First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Sr Software Development Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered my Rubicon JLU on 3/23 and got my VIN from Jeep Chat today. I asked about the specific delays I was aware of and here was the response:

Jacqueline Klein: Great! Thank you so much! I also heard there is a hold/delays on orders with LED lights, Premium Soft Top, and the Punk'n color. Do you have any current info on this? I have another car to sell, but I don't want to be too aggressive about selling it until my Jeep is moving along.
Michael: I am aware that the Jeep Wranglers ordered with the Premium Soft Top are currently slated to begin production in Mid-April, I'm unaware of any delays for the Punk'n color, may I place you on a brief hold while I look for further information regarding the LED Lighting Group?
Jacqueline Klein: Sure - thank you!
Michael: Thank you for holding Jacqueline, I am seeing that currently the LED Lighting Group option is not available. The most recent information available advises that there is currently not an ETA available for when these vehicles will begin production, and that it is recommended to contact us back within 2-3 weeks for an update in that regard.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I just ordered my Rubicon JLU on 3/23 and got my VIN from Jeep Chat today. I asked about the specific delays I was aware of and here was the response:

Jacqueline Klein: Great! Thank you so much! I also heard there is a hold/delays on orders with LED lights, Premium Soft Top, and the Punk'n color. Do you have any current info on this? I have another car to sell, but I don't want to be too aggressive about selling it until my Jeep is moving along.
Michael: I am aware that the Jeep Wranglers ordered with the Premium Soft Top are currently slated to begin production in Mid-April, I'm unaware of any delays for the Punk'n color, may I place you on a brief hold while I look for further information regarding the LED Lighting Group?
Michael: Thank you for holding Jacqueline, I am seeing that currently the LED Lighting Group option is not available. The most recent information available advises that there is currently not an ETA available for when these vehicles will begin production, and that it is recommended to contact us back within 2-3 weeks for an update in that regard.
Boo!

BCJake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (On Order)

I ordered on 3/11. Black hard top but with LED group as well. Checked with Jeep chat today, I'm 11 days into Phase D. I asked him if I would be delayed because of the LED lighting shortage and he did not think it would be an issue as according to him, phase D can take up to 30 days.

This would lead me to believe that in your case, the only delay to be concerned about is the soft top and that with the time frame they give for that, the LED issue should be resolved by then. This is of course pure speculation on my part.

JacquieK

First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Sr Software Development Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered on 3/11. Black hard top but with LED group as well. Checked with Jeep chat today, I'm 11 days into Phase D. I asked him if I would be delayed because of the LED lighting shortage and he did not think it would be an issue as according to him, phase D can take up to 30 days.

This would lead me to believe that in your case, the only delay to be concerned about is the soft top and that with the time frame they give for that, the LED issue should be resolved by then. This is of course pure speculation on my part.
I hope you're right! My dealer told me the last 2 he ordered came in right at the 4 week mark, but I don't know anything about the configuration of those.

Redleg22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered 2/23. JLUR, LED and Premium soft top, both of which were causing me to be stuck in D1 status. As of this morning I have finally moved to G status (Trim) so they must have gotten at least some LED's and Premium soft tops in!

Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered 2/23. JLUR, LED and Premium soft top, both of which were causing me to be stuck in D1 status. As of this morning I have finally moved to G status (Trim) so they must have gotten at least some LED's and Premium soft tops in!
Ordered 2/26, stuck in D1 until last Friday, moved to F and got stuck there over the weekend. Hopefully a lot of movement for everyone!

JoeSchroe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Unlimited
Schmeegz and I are in the same boat, ordered within 2 days of each other with very similar builds, except I like to think of it as Patriot Blue not Buffalo Bills Blue...lol
Darren, I ordered in New Hampshire as well, at Foss Motors in Exeter (I live just across the border in MA). Curious what dealership you went through.

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Darren, I ordered in New Hampshire as well, at Foss Motors in Exeter (I live just across the border in MA). Curious what dealership you went through.
I went to Station Jeep in Mansfield MA when I ordered (3/1) as this was the best deal I found at that time.

I was just thinking I technically live more south then I did last year even though I'm now north of the border in Pelham, after moving from just south of the border in Haverhill....lol