Sponsored

JLU Rubicon comes without floor mats?

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hello everyone, I am new here and new to Jeep family all together.
Got our first Jeep Wrangler 2 weeks ago and you can definitely say it was love at first sight.

Although the car is amazing I had an absolutely awful purchase experience, but lets get down to the point here.

My JLU Rubicon was a factory order with all perks and All Weather floor mats that are 150$ extra. When I received the car 2 weeks ago, there were regular carpet mats with Jeep logo. With all previous cars that we had All weather floor mats were Rubber mats so I inquired about Rubber mats from the dealer.

For 2 weeks dealer was making all kind of excuses that Mats are on backorder and bla bla bla.. Yesterday I finally stopped by to be done with this issue.
After long and unpleasant conversation I was EXTREMELY surprised when Manager of the dealership told me that Carpet mats that I have are ALL WEATHER and I just need to turn them up side down... For a moment here I felt stupid since I haven't tried that option, but when we went out to try it - the floor mats don't even fit properly into the clipping points nor into cut outs for the back seats!

My next questions to the dealer was : If these are 150$ all weather mats, then what mats are included if you don't add this option? -----> Apparently JLU Rubicon comes without MATS at all!!!! Is this true ? Is this true that this awesome car comes without any floor mats from the factory?

I purchased All weather rubber mats yesterday, with dealers discount but it still was over 100$..

I will appreciate if anyone of Jeep enthusiasts could share their experience concerning this issue!
Anyone got their car WITHOUT floor mats at all if 150$ option wasn't selected?

I will be calling Jeep Office today since this seem ridiculous to me..

Sorry it came out long, any comment on the situation is appreciated!
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
all weather are made of rubber only and have a red jeep logo on them. Seems like yours got taken.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
all weather are made of rubber only and have a red jeep logo on them. Seems like yours got taken.
I think I read somewhere that all weather mats have a black logo when they’re part of a factory order. Red logos are on the Mopar aftermarket all-weather mats.

But, yes, you didn’t get what you paid for. When I bought my Wrangler the dealer included a free set of all-wearer mats, which they didn’t have in stock at the time of delivery. But they ordered them as promised and sent them to me promptly.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Call jeep cares and have them call the dealer. Tell the dealer you checked on it and they are wrong. Tell them your going to give them a chance to fix it before you post a review on google. And you will get email survey to fill out.

OP
OP
NewHrzns Rubicon JLU
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I am currently on the phone with Jeep customer service, they are trying to reach the dealership to figure it out.

Thank you for your input!
I just refuse to believe that carpet floor mats were extra 150$ and are considered all weather...

Sponsored

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Got our first Jeep Wrangler 2 weeks ago and you can definitely say it was love at first sight.

Although the car is amazing I had an absolutely awful purchase experience, but lets get down to the point here.

My JLU Rubicon was a factory order with all perks and All Weather floor mats that are 150$ extra. When I received the car 2 weeks ago, there were regular carpet mats with Jeep logo. With all previous cars that we had All weather floor mats were Rubber mats so I inquired about Rubber mats from the dealer.

For 2 weeks dealer was making all kind of excuses that Mats are on backorder and bla bla bla.. Yesterday I finally stopped by to be done with this issue.
After long and unpleasant conversation I was EXTREMELY surprised when Manager of the dealership told me that Carpet mats that I have are ALL WEATHER and I just need to turn them up side down... For a moment here I felt stupid since I haven't tried that option, but when we went out to try it - the floor mats don't even fit properly into the clipping points nor into cut outs for the back seats!

My next questions to the dealer was : If these are 150$ all weather mats, then what mats are included if you don't add this option? -----> Apparently JLU Rubicon comes without MATS at all!!!! Is this true ? Is this true that this awesome car comes without any floor mats from the factory?

I purchased All weather rubber mats yesterday, with dealers discount but it still was over 100$..

I will appreciate if anyone of Jeep enthusiasts could share their experience concerning this issue!

The ONLY upgrade I bought on my Rubi was the all weather mats.Your dealership owes you $150. Here is what I received.

View attachment 99966

82215203ac_1.3664.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Mine came standard with carpet mats for the front and rear floors. It was not an extra item listed on the window sticker.
Mopar rubber mats are not the same as the standard (but nice) carpet mats. Your dealer is either ignorant or being shady ("just turn them over").

Periokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLUR and some others.
Either the factory made an error and gave you carpeted standard mats or someone swapped them out.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
The Cargo area Mat is reversible, carpet on one side, rubber on the other. And it is turn over, because it is a rectangle shape. No way you can just turn over the floor mats.

Confirming also, I received black jeep logos from factory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewHrzns Rubicon JLU
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
The ONLY upgrade I bought on my Rubi was the all weather mats.Your dealership owes you $150. Here is what I received.

View attachment 99966

82215203ac_1.3664.jpg

These are the mats I purchased yesterday. Here is the picture of what came with the vehicle and the " turn them over" option..

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

BWrubicon

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 2d rubicon

OK here's the facts... if you don't order the all weather mopar mats you will receive the carpeted ones. if you do order the all weather
then you will not get the carpeted ones and the all weather ones will be in the back seat wrapped in plastic.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Cargo area Mat is reversible, carpet on one side, rubber on the other. And it is turn over, because it is a rectangle shape. No way you can just turn over the floor mats.

Confirming also, I received black jeep logos from factory.
I have the complete cargo mat, the one that goes on the back of the seats. It does not have carpet on one side. It's all rubber.

OP
OP
NewHrzns Rubicon JLU
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
OK here's the facts... if you don't order the all weather mopar mats you will receive the carpeted ones. if you do order the all weather
then you will not get the carpeted ones and the all weather ones will be in the back seat wrapped in plastic.

my guess is that Dealer forgot or misplaced rubber mats.. and just wanted me to purchase another set, there were no rubber mats on the back seat, just carpets already installed.

The fact that they suggested to turn mats over and that they told me that originally car comes without mats at all took my frustration to the next level...

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine came with all weather mats ordered from the factory. If ordered it deletes the carpet mats. I've done it both ways , if you get the dealer all weather mats, the carpet ones will be in plastic in the back.
Sponsored