Gschlossnagle

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hi,

I’m looking to see if I can run my trektop topless without removing the frame. Just remove the cloth part. It looks like if I remove these torx bolts from bar 1 it might accomplish what I want.

I filed a support request online with Bestop a few weeks ago, but haven’t gotten a response beyond acknowledgement it was submitted. I imagine this is not officially supported but wondering if others have done this and if it works.

E3EB9CF7-B67B-4228-AA22-0A9A2E65E238.jpeg
Sponsored

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Hi,

I’m looking to see if I can run my trektop topless without removing the frame. Just remove the cloth part. It looks like if I remove these torx bolts from bar 1 it might accomplish what I want.

I filed a support request online with Bestop a few weeks ago, but haven’t gotten a response beyond acknowledgement it was submitted. I imagine this is not officially supported but wondering if others have done this and if it works.

E3EB9CF7-B67B-4228-AA22-0A9A2E65E238.jpeg
This has been what is preventing me from buying a trektop. We had one on our JK and we could remove the whole top easily when we wanted, can't with the new one

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This has been what is preventing me from buying a trektop. We had one on our JK and we could remove the whole top easily when we wanted, can't with the new one
Same here!!! I used to roll up the top and tuck it under the sunrider. Really sucks it won’t work with the new one.

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S (previously 2008 JKU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sport)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase
Any update? I'm debating between Trektop and full soft top, and this is the one sticking point...

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Same here!!! I used to roll up the top and tuck it under the sunrider. Really sucks it won’t work with the new one.
Well couldn't do another summer without, went with the factory top so it comes all the way down ..

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
I saw a video of a guy who was able to fold up the 4 door trektop under the sun rider. Took out the windows and disconnected the back cloth from the frame and it was nicely folded under. Can’t say the same for the 2 door since the plastic rail for the windows are longer and impossible to bend without breaking.
this is the link if it helps anyone else.
Sponsored