First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
I'm Wanting to order the jlu rubi with auto and 4.10 gears.

Im thinking if I add the tow package to the 8 speed the gear would be upgraded to the 4.10.

Im assuming based on the the way the jku standard automatic gear was 3.73 and the stick got the 4.10.

The 4.10 was upgraded as a option or included in the tow package.

Just best guess, any thoughts before I order?
Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
The 4.10 was upgraded as a option or included in the tow package.
I don't think that 4.10 gears came with the JK Rubicon tow package; either tow package.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
OP
OP
Sschmittou

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
I saw on one of the threads that the 4 door rubi cane with either 3 73 or 4 10.

I assumed it wss the auto vs manual.

It would be nice if every rubicon just came with 4.10 standard but could be optioned down to 3.73 for the highway folks

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Standard equipment list has it on there. I am hoping this is the case. This is the most concrete evidence.
Order one now and if it becomes an option later and you have to have it, order another one
4.10 gears might be listed as standard on a Rubicon, but so is a manual transmission.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
4.10 gears might be listed as standard on a Rubicon, but so is a manual transmission.
Yes I know, so that is why I said order one now, you don’t have to buy it now, if it becomes available as an option then order another one.
We can keep going in circles, fact of the matter is that the most concrete evidence we have is that it is included. Until I see an equipment list or options list that states otherwise it is all I have to go off of.
We can also discuss if the universe was formed from the Big Bang or if Russia is electing our presidents if you’d like to keep going in circles as well...

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I am on board with you on this. If I am not mistaken, the JK Rubi comes with 4.10 gears as the base option too, once the AT package is selected, it changes to 3.73 and then requires an upgrade (again) to get the 4.10 gears.

Yes, before anyone flames me about the std equipment list showing 4.10 gears, I realize that even the AT could also come with 4.10 gears std. But it seems to me, that most of the "wishful thinking" speculation/rumors that are a deviation of previous Jeep history have turned out to be bogus (all those hard top "rumors" comes to mind).

Also, more evidence that the JL will come with 3.73 with the AT pkg http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-jlu-wrangler-axle-gear-ratios-3-45-3-73-4-10.1441/
If the Rubi comes with 4.10 std and it doesnt change to 3.73 with the AT the WHEN does it get 3.73 axles? the list in the link clearly shows 3.73 as a possible configuration. (I think we can all deduce the correct answer here)

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I am on board with you on this. If I am not mistaken, the JK Rubi comes with 4.10 gears as the base option too, once the AT package is selected, it changes to 3.73 and then requires an upgrade (again) to get the 4.10 gears.

Yes, before anyone flames me about the std equipment list showing 4.10 gears, I realize that even the AT could also come with 4.10 gears std. But it seems to me, that most of the "wishful thinking" speculation/rumors that are a deviation of previous Jeep history have turned out to be bogus (all those hard top "rumors" comes to mind).

Also, more evidence that the JL will come with 3.73 with the AT pkg http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-jlu-wrangler-axle-gear-ratios-3-45-3-73-4-10.1441/
If the Rubi comes with 4.10 std and it doesnt change to 3.73 with the AT the WHEN does it get 3.73 axles? the list in the link clearly shows 3.73 as a possible configuration. (I think we can all deduce the correct answer here)
Unsure here. I thought the same and possibly that adding the tow and HD Electrical group may have, like on the lower trim JK options, upped the gear ratio but for now it doesn't show that. It may be that addition eventually. Those screen shots don't list a 4:10 option under the Rubicon either. The other thing here, that may be the case, is that the 2.0 has the 3:73 gear which may make sense as the 4:10 just might be too much for that engine. Just spit balling here but I think the logic is sound.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm of the opinion that there won't be an option for 4.10s with the 8-speed automatic. I've been told I'm wrong. We shall see in the coming days....

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Unsure here. I thought the same and possibly that adding the tow and HD Electrical group may have, like on the lower trim JK options, upped the gear ratio but for now it doesn't show that. It may be that addition eventually. Those screen shots don't list a 4:10 option under the Rubicon either. The other thing here, that may be the case, is that the 2.0 has the 3:73 gear which may make sense as the 4:10 just might be too much for that engine. Just spit balling here but I think the logic is sound.
I'm of the opinion that there won't be an option for 4.10s with the 8-speed automatic. I've been told I'm wrong. We shall see in the coming days....
I was surprised to see that some of the trims wont have lower gear ratios available as an option (according to the axle gear ratio thread) like the JK when adding the tow package. I'm also unsure if the Rubicon will have a 4.10 option after adding the AT.
But what i do know (if the axle gear ratio thread is to be trusted) is that the 4 door JL Rubicon with the 3.6L Pentestar will have 3.73 gears or 4.10 gears. And if the Standard equipment list is to be trusted, the 4.10 gears come std with the MT. That just leaves the question of when will 3.73 gears will be installed instead of 4.10 gears. The only logical time, to me, would be with the AT, which is typical of the JK.

I would guess the 2.0L gearing to follow suit with the 3.6 since it seems the same ratios are offered there too.
Sponsored