JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. That's what I have for now. Heated steering wheel from rubicon, heaters not connected. Everything else works.
So I just finished my install , what did you do with the two extra wires in the heated steering wheel? I just tucked them in between the plastics? Did you snip it?
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
So I just finished my install , what did you do with the two extra wires in the heated steering wheel? I just tucked them in between the plastics? Did you snip it?
Just left it dangling inside for now, the ultimate goal is to connect everything and make it work.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Just left it dangling inside for now, the ultimate goal is to connect everything and make it work.
Also when you tighten the bolt is there specific torque or just tighten it past tight tight lol...it was surprisingly easy to get off without much pressure

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Also when you tighten the bolt is there specific torque or just tighten it past tight tight lol...it was surprisingly easy to get off without much pressure
I did it kinda tight :) with a bit of blue locktite, as you mentioned it was not tight at all.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Ok, going to bring this thread back to life and see if anyone has done the heated steering wheel install? I have on a Ford Superduty and it's got to be the same basic principle.

I've acquired the heated steering, the steering column module (I believe this is where folks fail), and sourcing the climate control module in the center stack. I will add heated seats but the wiring diagram tells me these are completely separate items so I can do them one at a time.

More to follow as I work on this issue. I also have the Mini JL.
Sponsored