Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
If it came up sorry. Anyone making one around the new keyhole placement in the JL over the JK's?

If no, do JK and JL owners have reason to think a JK cover will fit, if not block the JLs keyhole?
Sponsored

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This one fit too, but same as above, covers the key hole but you can easily stretch it over. I'm using it temporarily since it was only $9. It amazes me that some mfgs have re-tooled metal parts like fenders, side steps, etc. to fit a JL but other mfgs can't re-sew a location of a key hole in a cloth product a year later.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M164B25/

consolecover.jpg

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I have the cheapo amazon one too, for now. I honestly never use the key hole so It doesnt really bother me and does offer some protection. I emailed Bartact a couple months back to see if/when they will be making one for the JL. They said probably available in a couple months. Knowing them though probably not until next year. Their seat covers are fantastic so If they take awhile to come out with a console cover I'm cool with it.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have the one referenced by @jeremyjeep from an earlier post of his and it's a decent fit. But it's a b*tch to get on at the hinge. It puffs up a bit back there.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Do you have this product Armando and can report success with it?

I ask because despite the vendor reporting it to work with the JL, its center slit, at least if the picture is accurate, is based, I can't but think, on accessing a JK's center based key. The JLs key appears to be skewed to the passenger's side of the console.

...not that the other covers here are better, but nobody's claiming (some expressly saying no) that they will fit the JL's key slot, just that they'll fit it size-wise..

I saw this product before posting my question and discounted its purchase for these reasons.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Do you have this product Armando and can report success with it?

I ask because despite the vendor reporting it to work with the JL, its center slit, at least if the picture is accurate, is based, I can't but think, on accessing a JK's center based key. The JLs key appears to be skewed to the passenger's side of the console.

...not that the other covers here are better, but nobody's claiming (some expressly saying no) that they will fit the JL's key slot, just that they'll fit it size-wise..

I saw this product before posting my question and discounted its purchase for these reasons.
Actually ordered it today...when I comes in I'll snap some photos of it installed.

Can always return if it's no good

Sponsored

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Actually ordered it today...when I comes in I'll snap some photos of it installed.

Can always return if it's no good
Good to know.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I prefer the neoprene cover it fits like a glove, key access is easy and it does not look out of place at all in fact with the black cloth interior it matches quite nice. Because the neoprene stretches it makes for a snug fit which is what you want. The Fabric one for $30 seems they a little steep for what it is and compared to the others.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
097F5412-86A0-442F-83FB-80FD79884D10.jpeg

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I prefer the neoprene cover it fits like a glove, key access is easy and it does not look out of place at all in fact with the black cloth interior it matches quite nice. Because the neoprene stretches it makes for a snug fit which is what you want. The Fabric one for $30 seems they a little steep for what it is and compared to the others.
I agree. I just got the $9.99 one on amazon. Like you said it matches the cloth interior. You have to wrestle it a bit with the rear hinge to get it on but it fits well. If you have to use the key lock you can pull the front fabric over.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCDEA1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored